Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skateboard Idea...

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Skateboard Idea...

Why don't they make wheels that can move in any direction? That would be so awesome!

Thoughts?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Skateboard Idea...

it would probably be something like riding a creeper. From experience it wouldn't work well haha.

Have you looked into ripstix or wave boards? They are insanely fun and I think may be the idea you're getting at fun wise. It's like snow boarding on asphalt and after a couple days you get the hang of them.

We have these guys at work:

I'm not sure how easy they be to ride if you were to get rid of the handle but I suppose you could mod it to be a skateboard?
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

Never heard of them, they look fun!

I was just thinking about it because I saw a video of a guy sliding around on his skateboard, it was pretty crazy, I still don't know how it didn't just flip over on him. lol people with more skill than myself I guess.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

I would recommend a ripstick. I played with them at work during our remodel. They're addicting. Our parking has a nice slope to it and it was FUN carving down. I've seen a lot of kids 8-15 years old doing some crazy tricks on them if that tells you about the learning curve. At first I couldn't go more than 2 feet though.

EDIT: or maybe you'd be interested in one of these: http://theoboard.com/
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

I used to longboard (still do, just not as much). If you want a tight radius you can look into Exkate Torsion Trucks. I have them on a downhill board with 82mm wheels and I can stay stable at speed, powerslide, and I have a 6' turning radius.

Also, if you snowboard and want to slide on the pavement, then you should go to http://www.freebord.com/main.html. You will find exactly what you want.

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

Freeboard = exactly what I saw in the video. Very cool! Maybe I'll pick one up with my tax returns next year.

I just realized one flaw with having basically balls for wheels though, no brakes! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Hardware View Post
    I've ridden one of those. And when I say ridden, I mean fell on my ass for half an hour straight. Those things are ridiculously hard to master. lol

Very cool once you do though. I think the one I was playing with was called a sidewinder?

You could go for a snakeboard, the easier and better choice (imo) because it's the same basic principal, but you don't look like all the other 6 year olds who are on them, and it doesn't fall over when you mess up a little.

Less cool video

Sans board and you get freeline skates

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Ugh - now I feel oOOOOOOoold :p

Don't think I've been on a skateboard for about 25 years!

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey