Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: I Can Fly (flash game)

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: I Can Fly (flash game)

25 days on my 4th try. It would have been 24 if it would have given me the 225mph that I clearly hit!

How you guys are hitting 19-22 is beyond me. Gods of flying penguins.
    PS3: CaptBuzzCooler

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    19 days should be doable.
    Definitely - I've had everything maxxed out after 18 days with only the 4000 and 6000 feet targets left which is possible in one go...

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

You know you don't have to complete all of the achievements to win, right? you only need two from level 1 (5'), two from level 2 (10'), two from level 3 (20'), all four from level 4 (35'), and the 6000 one in level 5 (50').

It also gives you the height ones way early, while the speed ones require you to overshoot them by a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

If it isn't stock, it's modded! slaveofconvention's Avatar

Yeah but the extra cash from the achievements helps you upgrade faster so it can help to do them all

Current Projects: Lobo | Unimatrix | High Voltage | Antec 900 Revamp (Phase 2)
    Completed Projects: General Lee | Synergy Green | Liquid Yellow
    Planned Projects: K-9-PC | Limey

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I found that it had to be a good balance between moving on to the next stage while skipping a few challenges but still achieving some of the challenges. It's not really something you can advise on so much as it just has to do with personal instinct.

I tried to get multiple achievements per day and I never spent more than two days trying to win one. Although sometime I had to since I couldn't advance or the money was worth the multiple day cost.

I spent my first amount of money on the glider, then four bars on each stat boost, then the second glider, then the first rocket and 4 bars of fuel, then the third glider, then the rest of the rockets and then the rest of the fuel and then all the bonus stats. Although I didn't get all the bonus stats because I beat the game before I could. lol (summarized; focus on getting the gliders, wind resistance and acceleration. Until then, just get the first rockets and a bit of fuel)

I kept my penguin on a very slight incline while using the booster rockets off and on to keep my speed going fairly quickly, can't remember what it was though. Then I waited until I JUST started to decline in altitude which at that point I dive bomb dangerously close to the water and repeat the process. I COULD have gone to at least 6500 I think if the game wouldn't have ended at 6000.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Easy way to get the first glider by the 3rd day.

Get $17 in the first day (very easy), buy 1 acceleration, the next day you need to get about $23 and hopefully you'll also go over 40 ft, which will get you another $25.

EDIT: 22 days now
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Aww, 33 days....stupid 6000 foot incentive, making me waste days >

Seriously, has anyone actually gotten that one? I tried a few methods, and the highest I was able to get was about 500 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Aww, 33 days....stupid 6000 foot incentive, making me waste days >

Seriously, has anyone actually gotten that one? I tried a few methods, and the highest I was able to get was about 500 feet.
    It is a 6000 foot horizontal distance, not 6000feet up . The best way I've found is to have almost all of the powerups and use the excess speed off the jump to get some good altitude, 150ft works fine, then use your rockets to maintain about a 70MPH speed, keep your drag between 1% and 3%. You need to have ~40ft of altitude (or more) at 3000ft to make it in most cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

I just made it in 24 days!
    Best so far for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    It is a 6000 foot horizontal distance, not 6000feet up .
    Doh! Ok, yeah, that's definitely doable.