Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skullcandy headphones

Over 75 Custom PC's in 20 years TheGreatSatan's Avatar

Default Re: Skullcandy headphones

So, just shy of 4 months and my Skullcandy headphones just broke. I took them off and they snapped on the right side adjustment bar. I went looking online for reviews and everyone has the exact same problem! I filled out warranty and supposedly they'll be sending me a new pair.
    WH1T3 0U7
    Modified Thermaltake View 37
    Intel 9900K, MSI Z390A, 128GB (32GB x4) GSkill Royal 3200MHz, RTX 3080 Vision, EVGA Nu Audio, 1TB Silicon Power SSD, EVGA 1300G2, ID cooling 360mm AiO, LG 3440 x 1440

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

They're pretty good with warranties last I dealt and heard about them. Maybe you should mod these new pair once they arrive and make them more resilient? I'm not sure how you'd go about that, grant you, but who know's, you're a pretty resourceful guy. Maybe take them apart and replace the plastic/weak bits with something stronger like metal? Just throwing around ideas anyways.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

funny my skullcandy earbuds just broke on me too. gonna have to warranty em too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Hmm that's a shame. I have had my Skullcandy GI's for around 3 years now with no trouble at all, and I do use them every day.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I had Skullcandy earphones for about a month before the right bud randomly died on me. I replaced them with some V-Moda Vibes this past summer and maaaaaan am I happy. The kevlar cord is very nice to have, they sound great, look great, and are all around a great buy. They've lasted me six months now, which is the longest I've had a pair of earphones... definitely worth $60.

I'm not knocking Skullcandy at all, but I just don't think they're of very good quality when it comes to how they're built. Soundwise they're great.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

They may not be very good quality now but the pair I have have been through hell and are still going strong lol.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08