Thread: Which One is Better?

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Default Re: Which One is Better?

The 23" is bigger, so I'd go with that.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

I'd get the Samsung. They make great displays but also their specs are better as well.

You can get a 28" for $100 more. Pretty decent deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254026

Otherwise, I'd go with the Samsung.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    You can get a 28" for $100 more. Pretty decent deal.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254026

Nope, more like an extra $200 http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product...82E16824254026
    Help my mini city
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    Whoops, my bad. Didn't see the Canandia flag avatar. Well bummer.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Does the MS and the contrast ratio matter? Or is it really minute that you can't tell?

Quote Originally Posted by y4na View Post
    Does the MS and the contrast ratio matter? Or is it really minute that you can't tell?
    Response time, if you're playing FPS then you'll want a gray-to-gray of 5ms or less. Though, it depends what you're use to. I had a panel with at least 20ms lag, and I still "owned" people in Battlefield 2142 and Halo PC. I was accustomed to the lag, and compensated it (became very good at guessing where people would go).

For contrast ratio, higher is better, as it's the ratio of white compared to black (IIRC). The higher it is, and more steps in between white and black, the better color reproduction you'll get. But, both of those panels are TN based, which aren't very accurate with their colors. As long as you don't plan on doing photo editing or video production, the TNs will work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    Response time, if you're playing FPS then you'll want a gray-to-gray of 5ms or less. Though, it depends what you're use to. I had a panel with at least 20ms lag, and I still "owned" people in Battlefield 2142 and Halo PC. I was accustomed to the lag, and compensated it (became very good at guessing where people would go).

For contrast ratio, higher is better, as it's the ratio of white compared to black (IIRC). The higher it is, and more steps in between white and black, the better color reproduction you'll get. But, both of those panels are TN based, which aren't very accurate with their colors. As long as you don't plan on doing photo editing or video production, the TNs will work just fine.
    Finally I get the answer! + Rep

But if I remember correctly, Samsung measures their response times in a way that favors them.
    Help my mini city

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I'd go with the Samsung. In my experience, Samsung makes very high quality monitors, plus you have a ~67% better Contrast Ratio. The only reason I would say maybe go with the LG is if the higher pixel-pitch ratio of the Samsung is a problem for you.