Thread: I thought this went the other way...

Default I thought this went the other way...

So my mother-in-law is moving in with us today.

I don't see this as the end of the world-I have a great mother-in-law, but her asshole husband is leaving her even though she's sick and dying from hepatitis C and liver cancer. Upside is that he can't waste her money, downside is that everything gets just a bit more cramped.

Am I wrong to think that he should pay for attempting to bankrupt her and then turning her out to die (knowing we'd take her in a heartbeat?) I'm not a very mean person, normally, but I could do a lot of damage to this guy and I'd love every minute of it.

I'm ever so grateful that I basically have the best mother-in-law you could ask for, but am I off base for wishing for some kind of revenge on the idiot?
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

WWMD- What Would MacGyver Do? Mark_Hardware's Avatar

Default Re: I thought this went the other way...

Heck no! I don't usually say this, but this is a case where she should take his arse for everything she can get him for

BUT, if she is that unhealthy, the stress of going through all that wouldn't be good for her..... So maybe it's best to just try to move on, make the best of the situation, and enjoy the rest of the time she has, which hopefully will still be plenty. Let karma take care of it.

Best of luck, to yourself as well as your mother-in-law.
    My name is Mark Hardware, and I approved this message.

Project; Mark1
    (On hold until......)

I'm sorry to hear about that. Best wishes to her and your family.

It really disgusts me how many people are stupid/evil/cruel/completely selfish/inconsiderate/a-holes/etc.

I mean, karma finally came back around for my father, but that was one punishment for one act. It doesn't justify and magically make everything else go away. I can see why you are frustrated.

If I were a god, I would be clicking so many of those little lemming's self-destruct buttons.

Not knowing what went on between your Mother-in-law and father-in-law, any suggestion or comment would be off base. Who knows she could be the greatest person in the world around you, but a total evil wench to her hubby. I have seen it before. On both sides.

I would say based on how much you like her, treat her well and forget the ex. It will only drive you crazy. Focus your positive energy on dealing with her while she is here. Your wife will love you more for your kindness than your revenge...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

I swear, my mother in law is the model of patience. My father in law is the model of stupid redneck lackwit.

We'll do our best to forget him as soon as he's gone. In the meantime, I know how to make his life miserable.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

do it... and make sure to give me the juicy details...
    Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody sigquotes part of this.

I've been seeing way to much of this type of behavior in the news recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field