Thread: First Mod, Advice/Tips Needed?

Default First Mod, Advice/Tips Needed?

Hello all =)

I recently got into modding and wanted to find an appropriate project to start. Since I love videogames (and the fact that I'm banned from trying to take the computer apart....lol) I decided to start off with a Nintendo DS mod. Or more correctly mod(s). Now I have a general idea of what I want to do:

Joker Theme (Outside cover painted purple, inside cover painted green, purple buttons, green trigger buttons, )

An analog joystick (purple) underneath the D-pad (due to this being an orignal ds model, the design leaves space when closed so have a analog joysticks shouldn't effect closure)

Carve "Why So Serious" into the back of the top case, put glass (plexi?) behind it and green Led's so it lights up.

A sculpted head of the joker on the front of the case (don't know what I'm going to make it with though) with joker card insignias on all four points of the front of the case surrounding the jokers head (All 4 suits)....possibly add some LED's in there somewhere....possibly green glowing joker eyes.

Somehow (probably with Led's) make both catridge slots, stylus slot, and usb slots glow green

Engrave a giant green joker (Joker of Clubs) image on the back (not carved in but....laser etched or stenciled on or whatever you call it.....)

Instead of the two backlit screens having a white glow, change it to a red glow.

(This is not a complete list of things)

Now I've seen all these things done, but never a tutorial on how to do them. Now I definitely need guidance with this, as it's a pretty hardcore project. However in the end I plan on making the best modded DS yet. So any help/advice/ideas that will help me are greatly appreciated

Default Re: First Mod, Advice/Tips Needed?

Found these over on WiiNoob.Com
    28 Geekiest and Craziest Nintendo DS Mods!

Quote Originally Posted by Modder_Chief View Post
    joker card insignias on all four points of the front of the case surrounding the jokers head (All 4 suits).
    There aren't 4 suits of joker. There's only two jokers in a pack of cards.

Sculpting? Either get an action figure or use sculpey.

Thanks for the replies =) Yea my mistake on the joker suits lol......well unless I can find a replica of the joker's head in Toy's R US or something, I guess I'm going with sculpey. BTW that design on that DS is similar to what I want to do with the joker's head.