Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: laptop

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: laptop

Those are good, solid components. I think you'll be able to do a nice bit of gaming with that My X200 has the P8600, and while I don't game on it, it can run a few VMs very nicely without hampering the host OS at all.

Yeah, I went and touched it. It was nice. I also liked the viao, but kinda expensive.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Yeah, Sony makes nice stuff, but it's usually crazy overpriced.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

My friend, the one with the Dell Studio, has a brother that bought a Sony Vaio a couple weeks before he bought his Dell Studio. The Studio pretty much owns the Vaio and he paid $200 less for it. lol

Although, I think he may have gotten the Studio on sale...

Then again, I think the Vaio was on sale too. I think it was $200 for the Studio and $100 for the Vaio. Which makes the Vaio $100 MORE for LESS. $100 in difference isn't too bad, but only when the products are equal. So yea, I'm not too big of a fan of Sony products. lol (like their netbook line, dear lord those are expensive!)
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

yeah, I might go with a lower processor on the dell to keep cost down.
    Please read the TOS regarding links in signatures. We don't take kindly to that sort of thing. -The Mods

Intel Pentium dual core t4200 (2.0 ghz/800mhz fsb/1 mb cache)

I would think that a 2GHz Core 2 Duo would be more than enough power. Heck, I remember when everyone was saying how powerful the 1.6GHz C2D line was.

But what do I know. I'm still rocking the 1.7GHz Pentium M! lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

This is what I would personally go with. Seems like the best cost/performance ratio. It also has a backlit keyboard but my screenshot didn't capture that bit.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7356/delll.png

Edit: Wait, scratch that, if you select the third option and not change anything it's not only cheaper but its better too. That seems to be the trick. Always select the most expensive option because you'll actually end up saving money, unless you are buying completely stock THEN go for the other options. You can do that with every product Dell has. If you plan to modify, go with the most expensive because they'll cost less that way. VERY TRICKY DELL!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    This is what I would personally go with. Seems like the best cost/performance ratio. It also has a backlit keyboard but my screenshot didn't capture that bit.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/7356/delll.png

Edit: Wait, scratch that, if you select the third option and not change anything it's not only cheaper but its better too. That seems to be the trick. Always select the most expensive option because you'll actually end up saving money, unless you are buying completely stock THEN go for the other options. You can do that with every product Dell has. If you plan to modify, go with the most expensive because they'll cost less that way. VERY TRICKY DELL!

wow, thanks. I might get the 1080p screen.

thats actually a pretty sweet deal for a lappy. wish I had money. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER