Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Champions Online!

Default Champions Online!

Champions Online is a superhero themed action
    Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG).

Quote Originally Posted by Champions Online View Post
    Earth's first and best line of defense is its heroes. For generations, brave men and women have answered the call to protect the world from the villains who threaten its safety and security.

Today, organizations such as VIPER, ARGENT and PSI use both superpowers and super technology in their dastardly plots to control the world. Creatures from outer space and other dimensions seek to enslave humanity. Super scientist Teleios is creating an army of clones and superpowered constructs to do his bidding.

The greatest threat of all is Doctor Destroyer. A superhuman genius driven to conquer, Destroyer will not stop until all of humanity bends knee to his greatness. In 1992, Destroyer obliterated the city of Detroit and killed thousands. With years to prepare, his next attack is sure to put the entire planet in peril.

Led by The Champions, protectors of Millennium City, the world's heroes have launched a crusade for peace, security and justice. But they need allies. Defender is calling for a new generation of superheroes to fight in a war against evil that spans the globe — and beyond.

Powered by the groundbreaking Cryptic Engine, Champions Online is currently in development for the PC. With literally billions of character options allowing total customization, real-time action combat, the richly detailed Champions universe and an experienced Cryptic Studios team devoted to working directly with gamers to deliver a great gaming experience, Champions Online is set to be the premier superheroic massively multiplayer online role playing game.

Save the world. Be a Champion.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Champions Online!

The beta starts 8/17/09.

EDIT: they're also offering a lifetime subscription to Champions online for 200 bucks... not bad if the game turns out to be worthwhile.

After reviewing the screenshots and videos.
    I have decided to buy the game. Looks really cool.

*installing*

EDIT: 3.6gig patch. It doesn't say but from watching the overall progress I would estimate the download speeds to be around 25-50kbps. OUCH!!!

20MB at 1:42PM (I'll post progress later on)

Almost forgot, I was perusing the forums and a lot of people are already bailing on the game. There's still hope though since a lot of people simply expect beta to be perfect then cry when it's... well... beta.

I left for an hour and came back to a null crash. Looks like the patch wants to start over from the beginning.

They should offer the patch through torrents. In fact, maybe check into that.. maybe some other poor bastard has gone through the download, and started seeding it.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

waiting in line for the dl now, this is gonna take a while.

Farlo, don't bother. The patch is JUNK. I had it running for almost a week straight. It was crashed every time I came back to the computer.

Eventually it stopped telling me the progress and just told me "patching..."

actually it patched for me flawlessly in less than 10 minutes last night, played for about an hour, game is a little buggy, but thats to be expected with beta's, the character customization is really in depth and one of the best ive seen in any mmo.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Someone should create a complete up to date torrent and upload it.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I overwrote the install with the installer again and it patched instantly.

This game has by far the most awesome character customization I've ever seen.