Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Optimus keyboard info to be released Feb. 1st

ATX Mental Case

Default Re: Optimus keyboard info to be released Feb. 1st

Quote Originally Posted by DaveW
    This has been kicking around for a LONG time. It's been reported as a scam repeatedly.

I am really shocked to hear that! You're the only person I know who's physically seen one of these items, even the mini keyboard. You got to let me know what it's like.

-Dave
    as I have not yet seen it in person either....Many websites have it for sale....

From what heard a few months ago, the optimus keyboard isn't going to be sold. I think it's something about copyright infringment.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I heard it was a scam.

Guttenaffe did you really get one or all you just leading us on?
    Need a sig

Yea the optimus keyboard for the amazing people who brought you the
    DA DA DA DA
    Das keyboard
    http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bl...ile-bigger.jpg
    Cause its not an 11 dollar keyboard spray painted black.

Yea I got it, here I'll post a pic (sorry I've been busy with work) I was one of the fist to pre-order it and I got my mini from the first shipment.

actually the DAS keyboard uses good switches and has a PCB (SHOCK!) same reason my Deck Legend in Toxic Green was $160+shipping (cept the Deck has 1 LED per key backlighting)

Quote Originally Posted by gobygoby
    as I have not yet seen it in person either....Many websites have it for sale....
    I wouldn't buy one from anywhere but from http://store.artlebedev.com or maybe ebay(for the mini3 only)

The full keyboard isn't out yet, they are trying to get the cost of the oLED keys down and upgrade the technology before selling the full size. If you see it being sold elsewhere good chance that it is "pre-order" if that webpage, non-artlebedev, ever sells them.
    -Gutte
    No, I'm not a compleate Idiot!
    Some parts are missing.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guttenaffe
    Yea I got it, here I'll post a pic (sorry I've been busy with work) I was one of the fist to pre-order it and I got my mini from the first shipment.

actually the DAS keyboard uses good switches and has a PCB (SHOCK!) same reason my Deck Legend in Toxic Green was $160+shipping (cept the Deck has 1 LED per key backlighting)

It's actually been proven that the Das Keyboard is just a Keytronic, which are cheap and amazingly good keyboards. The Das is actually just a all-black model of a specific Keytronic keyboard, however, i forgot which one.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Thanks Guttenaffe, that's all the proof i ever needed. Pretty cool.

-Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Ideas are just knowledge soaked in alcohol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn
    Did I just get in a Volvo? Volvo's don't have guns!

Overclocked

it would make a sweet case mod. it would be cool to have say "power on linux", "power on windows", "Power on media centre" on each button before it boots.

and have context sensitive buttons, so say like you turned off your monitor, it might ask say like "hibernate", "shutdown", "standby". and say you were playing counter strike, it might have "primary weapon", "secondary weapon", and "grenade". it would be neat. hard to implement, but very cool.

Fresh Paint

Quote Originally Posted by Guttenaffe View Post
    If you haven't heard about the Optimus keyboard by the Russian design house "Art. Lebedev Studio" I would like to know what hole/cave you've been living in. The optimus keyboard (designed not built by them) is due for release this year, recently they put a message on their webpage that more info is to be released on Feb 1st. Since it is getting close to this date I decided to post on here to let the ill-informed know about this one of a kind (sort of TG3 has made similar ones before but not in mass) keyboard that is coming to market. Hope they aren't announcing that they are starting to sell them because I just bought a Deck Legend few months back (best dang keyboard EVER!)

This reminds me I should review it for you guys. I love the full sized Deck board, it freaking SWEET! I can't wait till I can get my hands on something like Optimus to play with!

URL: http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/
    News is supposed to be on front page: http://www.artlebedev.com

As for cost wise, they are still saying it will not cost more than a new high-end Cell Phone! ($200USD to $400USD)

Thanks... Interesting information!!!

Resident Alcoholic

Quote Originally Posted by public_eyesore View Post
    Id pay 150 for the optimus keyboard, but more than that seems a bit rediculous, but I guess if your a big time graphic designer the time saved by the kb could be a significant amount of cash
    If you're a big time graphic designer then you know all the keyboard shortcuts to PS anyway!