Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Bärsärkar-gång

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Default Re: Bärsärkar-gång

I know that perfection can't be rushed, but I can't wait to see this baby finished, Mach!
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Oh you have no idea how much I agree! I just need to convince my boss to give me about 6 weeks off.

The floppy drive is no longer obsolete. AmEv's Avatar

Oh, just ONLY six weeks..... lol
    Two years. They were great. Let's make the next ones even better!

Tri.fecta

Yeah your right. I haven't even gotten to the monitor, mouse, and keyboard mod yet. Better ask for six and a half weeks.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Singular work as always. You never disappoint.

I have to say, I thought the printed bronze bits were excellent until I saw the photo with them sitting on the retention bracket. When their relative size and purpose came clear it was what has come to be known as "a Mach moment"; one of those things that literally made my eyes widen. The hand-forged brass blocks are obviously a signature component here and fit the spirit of the build as perfectly as anything I've seen, but somehow those tiny little handwheels at the corners of the bracket stand out more. They are the kind of mechanically-useless-but-aesthetically-perfect bits that make a truly unprecedented mod what it is.

Carry on, and unlike the others here (and yourself), I don't care if it ever gets done, if the updates keep coming.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Thanks Blue! As long as your watching, I'll keep the updates coming.

Check out this video. How wild is this?

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

That's pretty awesome! I love "How it's made", so many cool ways of doing things.
    TheMainMan

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    That's pretty awesome! I love "How it's made", so many cool ways of doing things.
    Me too! They recently got the whole series on Netflix. I've got the streaming option, so I can watch any of them any time I want. My wife was... less than pleased.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    Thanks Blue! As long as your watching, I'll keep the updates coming.
    We're always watching. This build is too awesome not to.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    Me too! They recently got the whole series on Netflix. I've got the streaming option, so I can watch any of them any time I want. My wife was... less than pleased.
    Unfotunately I can't justify Netflix but I may "borrow" my parents account. Difference being my wife like those kind of shows almost more than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Why must hard drives fail together? TheMainMan's Avatar

Netflix is terrible up hear, it always pains me to hear what you can get in the States. There's only one plan and unless you're a fan of off-beat, otherwise hard to find documentaries, it's just not worth it in my opinion. My roommate wanted to get it so we signed up for a unlimited cap plan then found out how crappy it was. At least I can watch as many linked videos as people can post in their worklogs I love large picture updates too!
    TheMainMan