Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Current Gaming VidCard

Default Re: Best Current Gaming VidCard

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    Well, with the DX11 cards coming out within two months (Well, I should specify ATI cards as Nvidia won't have DX11 volume until Q1 2010), I'd hold off any graphics card upgrades if you can wait. Otherwise I'd go with the best bang for your buck card, which of the three the 4870 would be the one to get.
    Love the 4870 in the desktop. Just the one card runs most everything.
    Coffee is love, coffee is life.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Best bang-for-the-buck, I'm gonna stick with the 4870 and GTX260, but if it fits into the budget then, yeah, go ahead for the 4890.

That being said, what res monitor are you gonna be gaming on? If you're running anything 1680x1050/1600x1200 or smaller, then there's really no point in going higher than the GTX260/4870, imo. I have a GTX260, pushing dual 1680x1050 panels (the third panel is on my onboard 9400) and I have yet to find something that I can't push the settings all the way up and still get great framerates. Well, except for GTA4...but that's another discussion... *grumble*stupid artificial limiters*grumble*
    HAWX with DX10?....damn DX10... lol

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    HAWX with DX10?....damn DX10... lol
    Hmm, yeah, good point. I was running HAWX last night for the first time in a while, and in DX10 mode I did have to turn something down to get it smooth...all of turning the AA down to 4x instead of 8x....wait a minute....I don't think I paused BOINC ...I'll have to test that again tonight..

EDIT:
    Tried it again yesterday, and with BOINC paused I cranked it up to 8x AA without any problems.....and then I realized that I still had Oblivion running in the background So, yeah, at least at 1680x1050, no worries with the GTX260.