Thread: 780I Wont turn on

I am Jack's smirking revenge. 985323's Avatar

Default 780I Wont turn on

Ive had troubles with this motherboard since I got it, but this is the worst. Last nght I went to check my nb/sb waterblock, I just touched it wih a small amount of pressure and my comuter shut down. It has not turned on since, when I press the power putton everything comes on it gives me the ff post code but no post beep. After letting it sit over night unplugged I pressed the power button and it will only turn on for a second or two before turning itself off, also the board has four leds on it, green, blue, yellow, and red all four are on I have never seen the red one on before. Please help.

Will
    Will

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: 780I Wont turn on

First thing is first. Disassemble everything, then reassemble. It could be that something is just lose or not seated correctly. Doing this almost always fixes my problems after working on my pc's.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

hmm could be, its just that ive had it setup and working fine for about five 8bmonths now without any similar problems
    Will

nevermind, i reseated the cpu and it booted right up
    Will

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Ha! See, that's why disassembling is always the first step to PC troubleshooting. I'll usually try everything else before that though, because I hate having to disassemble everything just as I got it all put together. So frustrating. lol

I spent like 3 hours on my laptop trying to figure out what was wrong with it, I went from error to error to error and never got it working. Turns out, all I had to do was re-seat the ram modules. Sigh....

Glad you got it up and running. Technology can be so ridiculously frustrating sometimes.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

If the problem persists check your NB for damage, that will kill your entire mobo.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08