Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Project Clockwork vII

Now making cases for the heck of it =) Waynio's Avatar

Default Re: Project Clockwork vII

The bubble lights look awesome & cool thinking on switching the fan blades, I've often thought it would be great is some fans had better motors, & now you've gone & done it I don't know the techy side if they'll be fine, but I don't really see why not, transformer fans ftw .

I'm still loving this work, more and more every day!! congrats on the sponsors and on the lights!!!

oh my god that bouble light looks amazing! do the fluid just have a low boiling point or something? Thats a wicked cool idea man!
    +rep!
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Fresh Paint

I think it's an alcohol based liquid, so yeah it has a low boiling point, and since it's sealed it has nowhere to evaporate to. I've always loved them during christmas time, never thought you could work it into something though. Nice.

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Default Suggestions?

Been a while since I updated this, and I'm sorry to say there are no updates today, just a question for the masses.

I'm going to have eight fan/speed control knobs on the front of this case, via two 4-channel controllers, and I'm trying to think of something I can use for the knobs themselves. My first thought was Bakelite knobs off of some old electronics, and that would work, but the odds of finding eight identical knobs are slim in my area, and I was thinking something older-looking would be better. The best I could come up with were small valve handles like these, in brass. Problem is, they have to be tiny, like an inch in diameter.

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:V...na.cn/0/0</a>,

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edit: Small brass dials off of combination locks would be absolutely perfect, but cost-prohibitive.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

I think those valve handles would look great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothair View Post
    I guess it's just widely used and has had some of the best people in the world work on it, costing a ridiculous amount of money, for no actual reason. :/
    Have you checked out the front page lately?
    Projects:
    Moe's Tavern | Sponsored by: Mimo Monitors, Crucial, Thermaltake
    Book Of Knowledge

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

maybe find a model ship and use the steering wheel from it or something to that effect

Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    maybe find a model ship and use the steering wheel from it or something to that effect
    Now that's an interesting idea. +rep for creativity
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

These would also be great, but McMaster doesn't have them small enough. Which means they don't exist.

Cabinet knobs

or something like this?

http://unimaxsupply.com/tatparts/1nuts.htm

What about keyholes and brass skeleton keys?

Edit: Small brass dials off of combination locks would be absolutely perfect, but cost-prohibitive.
    What do these look like?