Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The official Oblivion Screen Cap Thread. Post your screen caps here!

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Default Re: The official Oblivion Screen Cap Thread. Post your screen caps here!

Raise the brightness in the settings?
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Default Re: The official Oblivion Screen Cap Thread. Post your screen caps here!

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    Raise the brightness in the settings?
    To counter Blind? Since it was actually an in-game effect, that wouldn't really do anything. Best way I found around it was finding a lot of stuff with 'resist magic' enchantments. For example, the Cuirass of Savior's Hide. 60% Resist Magicka from that alone, and it has one of the highest armor ratings in the game to boot.

I thought it game would have just lowered the amount of light in game, so technically speaking raising the level of brightness in your settings would work, I guess it wouldn't make a difference with over 100% blind as the screen would just be black, for something like 20-30% blind it should work though.

Hmmm, idk, now you're making me want to dig up my Morrowind disc and find out....here's hoping I have a copy of that savegame file somewhere...

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

This is making me want to get that Morrowind Oblivion Mod. How cool would it be to visit the old game WHILE IN THE NEW GAME!

Hunting down golden saints on the plains was always one of my favorite activities. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Ah yes, Golden Saints...the only really reliable source of Grand level souls. And if you were quick enough you could even loot one that you summoned..and then soul-trapped and killed.. So you got a grand soul and a glass longsword out of the deal. For all you youngsters out there, glass stuff was crazy rare in Morrowind. The NPCs didn't level with you, so nice weapons and armor were rare. I remember I had acquired almost a full set of Daedric armor. Between the original game and the two expansion packs, there was exactly one full set. Well, ok, two, but one was constantly worn by a main-quest-required NPC in a tower in the middle of nowhere....stupid wizard, hogging the Daedric armor all to yourself

Yea, the only quick way to get glass armor was to pay outrageous prices at only one place in the game, and that was towards the end of the game so it really isn't all that quick. lol. That game was much harder than Oblivion imo. Nothing was easy. You had to run or walk everywhere, really good loot was rare, it was just an all around harder game.

I remember trying to find azura's shrine. Dear lord that took me FOREVER for some reason. But worth it because you got her star which is a reusable soul gem. You can get it in Oblivion too.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Yeah, it was definitely harder than Oblivion. I miss the dedication that it required, also there's not as many truly unique items..and the ones that are there are so easy to get that it almost feels cheap

BTW, I found my Morrowind discs and save files and checked on the Blind effect. Turns out there is actually no 'brightness' adjustment in the game, the only similar setting is the 'Gamma Connection', and adjusting it doesn't affect the Blind view at all. Remember, it changes what's actually being displayed, it doesn't just put a filter over it or something, so even if there were a brightness setting, I can't think of any reason why it would have any affect on it.

I really want to get that Morrowind mod now lol. I might just go buy the original, I saw the original with all expansions the other day for $20, that's my kinda deal lol.

I remember how incredibly impressed I was with Morrowind. I spent $140 just to play it when it first came out. lol

But now you compare it to Oblivion and its pretty much laughable. I wonder if next gen Elder Scrolls is going to do the same thing to me?