Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: Liquidation

Default Re: Project: Liquidation

Nice work looking great so far!

sorry about patty sad stuff when a dog has been with you for so long and then something like that happens...

ATX Mental Case

Meh, crap happens, you got to roll with the punches and all that... Anyway, I've started to pick up alot fo hours at work in the last week, and am picking up even more this week, which means mroe moeny for me

Anyway, tommorrow I'll be slicing up the top of the case and making way for a new lighting fixture. I will also try ang get around to wiring my PSU like I want and also, hopefully, mount it permanently.

I also replaced the fan that came with the cooling system with an LED one. I got the cooling system as one of those, "My junk is bigger than yours" things, plus I want more shiny stuff

Will post more pics as soon as I can. Hopefully, by month's end, I can get started on the "OMGWTFBBQ!!!" waterfall.

Can't wait,

Matt

ATX Mental Case

SO, I was sick today. That sucks. Missed work. Meh, crap happens (actually, vomit happens...)

So anyway! I went to Fry's and grabbed some pieces that looked like fun. Got a little power distro box, another fan grille, and yet another CCFL.

The power distro. box is a rather nice piece and got it for a whole of $5. Fits very nicely inside a 3.5" drive bay and is facing the inside of the case. The idea is to run a 4-pin molex up to it and use it as my little basis for powering stuff instead of running the cables from the PSU which was relocated and modded.

Overclocked

You work at In-Out burger and drive a Lamborghini? They must pay a lot better today then they did when I worked at TGIF to help go through College Liked your other case, especially the little engine with window. Watching this one.

ATX Mental Case

Hahaha, naw, INO doesn't pay THAT well. I have an '86 Toyota Mr2 with a body kit and lambo style doors among other things> One of only 4 or 5 in the world to have the doors, the only one to use the factory bolt locations for the mod.

My car is teh pimpness

Thanks for the remarks to my other case too. Makes me fall all warm and fuzzy inside. The case after this one will be one for a friend of mine and themed after the video game "X3: Reunion" and will be hotness. I plan to do a Corvette themed case right after, or at the same time as that one. By year's end, I should have about half a dozen cases under my belt.

ATX Mental Case

Dam, I hit a roadblack last night when wiring things up: I don't know what color to paint it...

I'll have to think of something, maybe a color shifting paint or something, but it has to go with the blue lighting that will saturate the case.

Anyone have any suggestions?

ATX Mental Case

um.... how about green? red? yellow? just throwing suggestions
    Optimist - The glass is half full
    Pessimist - The glass is half empty
    Engineer - The glass is twice as big
    Me - There is water in a glass, deal with it

ATX Mental Case

lol! i thought this was going to be a project made from liquidized computer parts from out of business stores. lol!
    Comp Specs:
    AMD Athlon 64 939 3200+
    ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe
    2x 1GB Corsair XMS PC3200
    100GB HDD 7200 RPM SATA
    2x in SLI, 7600 GT 256 MB
    500W PSU

Resident Alcoholic

I always loved matte black finish with blue lights!

ATX Mental Case

Just incase anyone was wondering, no I'm not dead, and no, I'm not done with this project. Been spending all kinds of money on my MR2, so much so that I don't have money for anything else really.

Just an update:

Got all the wiring pretty much figured out. Got a few small things to figure out, then I'll be done with it.

Lighting is all set-up. 3 6" blue CCFL's

Made a custom acrylic panel for the empty spot that the PSU used to occupy and fit an 80mm blue LED fan and new power plug to better accomodate the PSU relocation.

4 Blue LED fans total (1 Radiator, 1 modded PSU, 1 case face, 1 acrylic panel)

I've just been lurking for a little while and watching some of the amazing projects going on and I ahve to sya that I'm impressed as always by some of the new modders and experienced veterans.

Keep it up guys. I'll update again when I get my next pay check...