Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: proper sanding

Default Re: proper sanding

Easy fix. Spray a few more coats to really build it up, and then sand it all smooth with some 400.

O.o wow i need to get another can then... i need a lot of practice with the rattle can... this stuff is really hard to work with. thanks, i will try it again :-/

Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of it. Rattle cans are a bit tricky but with practice you can get great results with them. The best advice is to read the intructions on the can and follow them closely, apply light coats to build up the thickness and color sand with wet/dry sandpaper. Keep the paper very wet and put a couple drops of dishsoap in the water.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

what is the diffrence between wet sanding and dry sanding beside wet paper? Ive been cheap so i only have fine paper from m3, i dont even know what grit it is...

Pictures Please

of the sandpaper? or my awful paintjob? >.>

The "awful paintjob" (by the way .. I would call it the "unfinished" paintjob)

wet sanding uses a different sandpaper, it's not much more expensive than what you've got. But the grit is rated by numbers, the bigger the number the finer the grit. It also lasts longer when you use it wet. You can get it in packs with a variety of grits at some home centers, hardware stores , or auto parts stores.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

could not get pictures, camera is in cradle charging now, will try to get some up by this weekend. Is there some sort of product for touching up paint? I realized that the masking tape im using when i remove it leaves some of the primer showing so i have a thin white line on part of my case sidepanel. Should i jsut use permanent marker?

When it comes to paint Commando is your man .. check out some of his tutorials ... you'll save yourself time and heartache:

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/f...ber.php?u=6128

CB