Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344

Thread: Oblivion

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

Default Re: Oblivion

I remember a while back we talked about how flying around Cryodil would be awesome... Well I found this mod on File planet. Its called Akatosh Mount and lets you summon a drake to fly around the map. http://www.fileplanet.com/hosteddl.a..._Repackaged.7z

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

That is awesome, I am really going to have to try it out.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

I installed it last night and Cryodil is quite interesting from the sky.

Adding the mod enables a new summon spell. When you cast the spell it adds a new summon drake spell. There are several to chose from and as far as I can tell they are the same drake just different colors.

I also went on a personal quest to collect every nirnroot on the map. I found a mod that exploits a unused sound file that was over layed but muted on all nirnroots during the design process. Now when I come within 20-40 feet I can actually hear the nirnroot and tell where it is.

There are a few more mods I am going to add in the next few weeks. One that adds an additional 15 hours and a new guild to the game.
    Last edited by Oneslowz28; 01-10-2010 at 11:18 AM.

Keep us posted on those mods, they sound awesome.

I went to install Oblivion yesterday and it installed fine. I started a new game, made the character and as soon as it drops me in the prison cell the game crashes. Apparently this is an ongoing problem with Oblivion and can not be fixed, looks like no more Oblivion for me .

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Try rolling the save file back; that happens to me occasionally, where a save file will get corrupted and every time you try and load it the game will crash.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

@TBFO have you downloaded the latest official and unofficial patches? YOu can get the unofficial ones from tesnexus.com

The mod I am talking about that adds 15 hours of play adds an Archeology Guild and you go on artifact finding missions.

@ x88x - Yeah I have tried that, the problem is happens with any save file, old, new or downloaded, as soon as it loads a picture the game crashes.

@ Oneslowz28- I have the game fully patched with official patches but not the unofficial ones, I will try those later. Cheers.

I finally found out what my problem was with Oblivion, funny thing is though, I discovered it when I recently purchased Fallout 3.

As most of you would know both Oblivion and Fallout 3 were (and still are) extremely buggy, so it came to no surprise to me that I am having the exact same problems with Fallout 3 as I do with Oblivion. As I stated earlier the problem is that the game would crash every time I load a save game or create a new game. After having no luck finding a solution for Oblivion I decided I would try out Fallout 3 and see if I could get that working. Most of the issues with Fallout 3 have been accredited to sound card issues or codecs. After spending a couple of hours fiddling with my sound as a last ditch effort I disabled it in device manager and lo-and-behold the game works perfectly. I am yet to test Oblivion to see if this fixes the problem (hopefully it will) but when I do I will let you know. Looks like it's back to on-board sound for me .

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

I actually had the same issue with Fallout 3 crashing all the time, and I eventually figured out that apparently the Xonar driver is known to cause that behavior....I just never had the patience to switch back and forth between my onboard sound and my Xonar whenever I wanted to play Fallout3, so I just dealt with it crashing a lot.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV