Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Oblivion

You know how crazy The Elder Scrolls is? They have their own lore and history, and its detailed. Pretty fun/interesting read if you have the time or you're bored.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Gods
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    You know how crazy The Elder Scrolls is? They have their own lore and history, and its detailed. Pretty fun/interesting read if you have the time or you're bored.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Gods
    Yeah, in Morrowind, there were actual libraries... One of the central libraries had probably about 20 or so bookshelves, each having probably around 40-50 books on it....and they were all unique....and most (that I read) were at least 10 pages.

Current special equipment:

Boots of Jument
    Bladeturn Hood
    Hands of the Atronach
    Pentamic Loop
    Spell Breaker

I can't find a dwarven cuirass (most of my equipment is either dwarven or looks it) for the life of me though! As soon as I can find one, I'll enchant it with one of my grand soul gems or Azura's Star once I come across it.

Does anyone know what gives you a grand class soul? I can summon a fire atronach and a ice atronach, will either of those work? or are they just greater class?

Also, where is a good place to get salts? Like fire and ice or whatever that other one is? Thats the only way I can summon atronachs.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

I started a new character a high elf mage. I have been finding lots of salts in the mages guilds. Check the book shelves in the skingrad guild. there is a book worth $3k

I can't find a dwarven cuirass (most of my equipment is either dwarven or looks it) for the life of me though! As soon as I can find one, I'll enchant it with one of my grand soul gems or Azura's Star once I come across it.
    What level are you? If you're 10-14, just go crawl some dungeons. If you run into people, they'll probably be wearing Dwarven stuff. If you're 15+, they'll start having Ebony stuff instead.

Does anyone know what gives you a grand class soul? I can summon a fire atronach and a ice atronach, will either of those work? or are they just greater class?
    Unfortunately, uesp.net is down atm, so I can't get the link, but they have a chart of the various monsters and what level souls they have. Or, if you're feeling adventurous, you could fire up the TES Construction Set and find out for yourself ;P

Also, where is a good place to get salts? Like fire and ice or whatever that other one is? Thats the only way I can summon atronachs.
    The most reliable way to get salts is by killing atronachs. Fire have fire salts, Ice have ice salts, and Storm have void salts.

W00T lvl 12 and only 7 hours playing time on the new character. Now I need to edit some photos.

Niiice. I killed Umbra and took all of her equipment. I now have Full Ebony + Umbra's Sword. The sword is awesome and pretty strong, but the armor is only a bit better than Dwarven. I think I'll try to get full Orcish now, not really sure if its any better though. I just don't really like the way Ebony looks. Still wearing my Dwarven boots though. Gotta love that, like, 65 points Feather constant effect enchant. Definitely takes a load off your feet.

Niiice. I killed Umbra and took all of her equipment. I now have Full Ebony + Umbra's Sword. The sword is awesome and pretty strong, but the armor is only a bit better than Dwarven. I think I'll try to get full Orcish now, not really sure if its any better though. I just don't really like the way Ebony looks. Still wearing my Dwarven boots though. Gotta love that, like, 65 points Feather constant effect enchant. Definitely takes a load off your feet.
    Yeah, Umbra is a pretty freakin awesome sword. Enchantments aside, it deals more damage than any other weapon in the entire game.

What level were you when you killed Umbra? As I mentioned before, her armor is better if you kill her when you're level 15+. Also, for future notice, as you continue playing, the strongest heavy armor is Daedric. It goes:
    Heavy:
    Rusty Iron<Iron<Steel<Dwarven<Orcish<Ebony<Daedric
    Light:
    Rouch Leather<Fur<Leather<Chainmail<Mithril<Elven<Glass

...your boots started me thinking...I should make a looting suit...

Ooh. Ooh. And a pillaging shovel...I wonder if I can enchant shovels....

EDIT: forgot about the really crappy armor

Wait..... you can use shovels for stuff? I bet I am over looking a lot of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Yeah, Umbra is a pretty freakin awesome sword. Enchantments aside, it deals more damage than any other weapon in the entire game.

What level were you when you killed Umbra? As I mentioned before, her armor is better if you kill her when you're level 15+. Also, for future notice, as you continue playing, the strongest heavy armor is Daedric. It goes:
    Heavy:
    Rusty Iron<Iron<Steel<Dwarven<Orcish<Ebony<Daedric
    Light:
    Rouch Leather<Fur<Leather<Chainmail<Mithril<Elven<Glass

...your boots started me thinking...I should make a looting suit...

Ooh. Ooh. And a pillaging shovel...I wonder if I can enchant shovels....

EDIT: forgot about the really crappy armor
    Hmmm, I can't even think what level I was or am right now. Not anywhere near 20 I believe. Probably more like 12-15, somewhere around there. I tried killing her normally at first, but she was too strong and I was too lazy so I just killed her with the death cheat. I believe there is one other weapon that is stronger than Umbra. I want to call it goldbrand or something?

Maybe I'll visit the testing portals and pick up some daedric armor. Then enchant them with intelligence attributes to raise my magicka.

A looting suit would be awesome! You could probably enchant everything to at least counter the equipments weight. My boots alone have a 65pt feather enchant, although its not a custom enchant but a found in-game item, which tends to be a bit stronger than custom made enchants. Still though, should be able to get into the negatives with an empty inventory!

Edit: Umbra is stronger than Goldbrand by 3 points. Umbra being 28 points, Goldbrand being 25 points of damage. However, Goldbrand does like 25 points of fire damage as well, so its technically the strongest weapon in the game.
    Last edited by Zephik; 07-21-2009 at 07:20 PM. Reason: ...