Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Oblivion

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Oblivion

Sad news. My HDD is basically history, which means my save files are gone. Bummer to the extreme. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. It's probably best that I don't have that distraction anymore anyways, maybe I can actually get stuff done now. lol

Man, my character was so cool looking too. lol
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

Man I just read this read all 21 pages of this thread I want to get back into Obilivion so bad. I might see if I can get the GOTY Edition as I only have the Main game.
    Need a sig

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

That sucks zeph. Come on get back into the game. Select some weird combo and make a badd ass character.

Simon I know this doesnt help but gamestop here has the GOTY edition for $15. I got mine at walmart for $10

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I didn't bother to backup my save file when my mobo died cos for something different I tried really weird mods and hacking the console to get items and to level up skills etc and it kinda raped the entire game lol. I just did it cos I was curious but I wanted to start again anyway cos with all the stop and starting I did I kinda forgot what the hell I was doing haha.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

ATX Mental Case

Well I didn't like it on Mac, so I bought it and put it on my PC. I'll start playing soon.

I'm reinstalling on this PC, just so I can have it till Mithril is running-had a waterblock issue keeping me down, should be sorted today.
    Project:Mithril, sponsored by Petra's Tech Shop and Sidewinder Computers-MOTM Nominee October '08

I miss playing this game so much that I just spent 3 freaking hours trying to fix whatever is wrong with my other hard drive. Start windows normally doesn't work, start windows in last known good configuration doesn't work, any and all safe modes end up pausing on "ntsf.sys" or something like that. I go into recovery with the winxp disc and disable it and it says its already disabled?? I give up. lol I swear I literally tried everything, which is probably why it took 3 freaking hours.

I might start a new character and just auto-complete/auto-level to the point where I left off I guess. I can always use cheats to get back most of my equipment too. argh. I guess thats do-able. What a pain in the ass though. lol

I wonder if Oblivion even works under Win7?
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Why don't you just plug the HDD into a different PC, copy your save files and extra data then do a complete for mat on the drive and re-install everything, sounds like the partition is corrupt.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

That probably would of worked, but I wanted to get it working on this laptop so I could have XP instead of Win7 RC. But oh well, I reinstalled oblivion and it seems to work okay. This laptop is just a bit underpowered is all, so its a bit laggy. I originally tried switching over the hard drive to this laptop because the sound module busted on the other one (the one that I was using before). So even though this one isn't as powerful, it at least has sound.

If you can't hack it, you don't own it! Oneslowz28's Avatar

welcome back to the dark side