Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streetfighter, my bike build.

Default Re: Streetfighter, my bike build.

Quote Originally Posted by XcOM View Post
    I think you did an excelent job, but i've always loved the goldwing, i plan on getting a trike version so i can drive on my car licence
    Goldwings make great trikes with their shaft drive especially if you use the 1800 flat six motor they go on for 100,000's miles, some of the Honda models are often considered mundane but Honda have always been very innovative and not afraid to try new designs.

I had an early CB750 the first 4 cylinder mass produced road bike and that blew people away and it was the same with Goldwing, the first time I saw one I couldn't believe they had put such a huge motor in a bike, then there was the unique Honda CX500 across the frame water cooled shaft drive V-Twin and of course the CBX 6 cylinder, makes me smile just thinking about that huge motor hanging out the frame, the strange thing is that when you see these bikes today they don't look so big apart from the Aspencade of course

I have seen this build on another forum and I can not place it and its driving me insane.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Hi Snowman, You might have seen it on the FZX - Fazer Yahoo group where I used to be the admin and I think it was also on the "International fzx - fazer forum" which might now be closed as the domain name is for sale, the bike is also on Woz's great FZX - Fazer site, I gave him some web pages from my old site when it closed and he took over from me as admin on the yahoo group, I did hear that the bike build had been linked to a few Yamaha bike forums when I had my own site about the build but I never really checked.

I still have the bike which is very reliable and hardly showing any signs of wear after 5-6 years of use (stainless steel worth every penny) and as it's my only transport it gets used a lot