Thread: cable management dilema

Default cable management dilema

alright, i have a raidmax sagitta 2 case its midtower i need some serious cable managment help, my main problem is that i have a ton of sata cables in the middle of the case an ide cable that just hangs from the one dvd drive and a bunch of wires from the case power switches and cables from my cathodes any ideas? i apologize about not being able to give my OWN pics of the case, my digital camera is broken and dont have the funds to replace it

Default Re: cable management delema

cut the cables you dont need off, or just stuff them somewhere if you can. the sata ones you might just have to live with but you could bundle them together if they are long enough with some cable sleeving... IDK. it would be helpful to have pictures of your case get that camera workin! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

lol thanks, ill try that much apreciated

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

you'll have lots or room behind that 5.25 cage, so pull them straight from the psu, behind that cage, and then route them wherever they need to go. If you dont have sleeved cables, then sleeving them will obviously make them look better. if you can hide them well enough, you could do a nice electrical tape job, and tape only the few inches that show.

find and use every hole to your advantage.

also, personally, i never just hack off cables i don't need, because it causes a pain later on when you decide to add that extra hard drive, or blu-ray drive. if you want to cut your cables, wire a male molex connector to the one end, and a female to the cut off end. that way you can just plug it back in later on, almost like a modular PSU.

What bart said...

I have only cut cables on one PSU and it died several months later and I could not rma it...

Now I just hide the cables behind my mobo mounting plate and the drive cages. I am looking for a picture of my CM 690 now to show you what I mean...
    "...Dumb all over, A little ugly on the side... "...Frank Zappa...

yeah that 5.25 cage can work wonders.
    Just yesterday I cleaned up my wires. I have a pretty small, cramped case (coolermaster elite 331) and there is NO room behind the mobo tray to hide anything. I managed to get ALL of my extra wires behind the 5.25 and 3.5 cages... worked out pretty well actually. Get a bunch of zip ties and go nuts!

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

I'll get pics up tonight of how I just did my Armor case, it turned out nicely

should give you some ideas