Thread: Feser on a Cosmos S (??)

Fresh Paint

Default Feser on a Cosmos S (??)

Good morning/afternoon/evening to all the fellow members of the forums.

Hope you don't mind these (likely) silly question, but...

Is it possible to fit a Feser Xchanger quad on the Coolermaster Cosmos S??

I mean, im aware that the Cosmos S has a top bay for fitting radiators...but it seems more suited to triple, and I say more because though it was conceived for triple, it does seems to have a little extra space on the front and back of such bay. and that's what Im wondering about, maybe, just maybe it is indeed enough for a quad, perhaps with some minor modification???

How? What do you suggest to acomplish this?
    Good and feasible option or on the contraire totally stupid???
    My intention is to build my new rig on a Cosmos S, and watercool the cpu and the vga, so i want a great-nice option, and going with a BIG and good quality rad would be great.

So, please, all the suggestions you have to share with these newbie, will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Feser on a Cosmos S (??)

oops, you want a quad in there, don't think there is enough room unless you do some reallllllll modding.

more money but you could always stick a triple up top and single on the back.

or save money and get swiftech rads which are only a few degrees off in terms of cooling. they are the best price performance you can get. but they need a bit higher speed fans. (mediums)
    CPU: Q6600 G0 3.5GHz@1.4v (4.2GHz max) / 4790k 4.8ghz @1.265v
    GPU: 9800GTX /GTX780 hydrocopper
    Ram: Samsung 4GB /gskill 16gb DDR3 1600
    Mobo: EVGA-NF68-A1 680i (P32) /AsRock Extreme6
    PSU: Enermax Galaxy 850Watt /EVGA 850 G2
    HDD: OCZ 120GB Vertex4, Samsung evo 840 250GB
    LCD: Samsung 32" LN32A450, Samsung 226BW 22" wide
    Sound: Logtiech Z 5500
    CPU & GPU: 3x Swiftech MCR320, 2x MCP655, MCW60 R2, Dtek Fuzion V2, 18 high speed yates @ 5v

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Feser on a Cosmos S (??)

Thanks for the reply!
    I did watch the youtube video, but it wasn't enough and not exactly what I planned (is it me or that video shows the damn things interfering with RAM? )
    Anyway, in the end, if I have no other (practical) choice, I might go with a triple or swiftech or some other option. though I really want to go with a "single step" a take the quad. There will be some modding if I insist on going that route, however, the question is....
    What kind of mod? To what extent?
    How complicated? and what cost???

As I said before, I suspect that the cosmos s upper bay might have enough room to place there a quad, even if really intended and pre-prepared for triple. And guess with making the "hole" bigger it may actually contain the quads. Though, I dont know for sure if the structural integrity of the case can sustain getting a chunk ripped.
    There's some holdings also on the aforementioned area where there are 2 holders, grey holders, dont know exactly for what, if for the side panels or whatever (??!!). So I would like/have to try to avoid messing with'em.
    What suggestions do you have for that job guys???
    Someone on here have a Cosmos S?
    That would be very helpful, if someone indeed have this case and can share firsthand experience.

Thanks in advance.