Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is this for real???

Anodized

Default is this for real???

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-anno...2491&subj=news

Friend of mine just sent me this it seems a little crazy I can understand the
    e-mail thing i hate spam more then the stupid Fwd Fwd Fwd crap I get but realy how do they think there gona catch people if they dont list there real name and such let me know what you think...

then again the artical might be bull i cant realy say does anyone else know???
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Rankenphile

Default Re: is this for real???

It's real, but it's not really enforceable. THis is basically Congress putting together legislation to allow prosecution of a few folks by creating legislation that can be misread and will end up resulting in some extremely frivolous lawsuits.

Don't expect this to hold up in any higher court, and expect to see it challenged.

Anodized

what would we do without our Great American Government
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

Anodized

yeah, more powerful legislation from our gomer pile of a president. and rest assured while your your annoying someone, someone in turn from the govt is listening to you talk or reading your mail. my gawd, when did life turn into bad sci fi? be so glad when 08 gets here, get rid of bubba in dc.

jp

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement
    We would probably be speaking Russian. We probably couldn't afford computers to mod, and what you said could possibly land you in jail.
    Of course that is all theoretical..

Quote Originally Posted by jptrvlr
    yeah, more powerful legislation from our gomer pile of a president. and rest assured while your your annoying someone, someone in turn from the govt is listening to you talk or reading your mail. my gawd, when did life turn into bad sci fi? be so glad when 08 gets here, get rid of bubba in dc.

jp
    Not to get into a huge political debate .. but the President no matter who he is, isnt the one putting together the laws. Its the legislature.. which many were there before the current President and will still be there after he is gone. When it comes to the President once the bill reaches his desk he can either sign it or veto it, which then it can still go back to the Senate and be passed. (Some of you may be too young to remember School House Rock , I don't know) The bill passed in the Senate unanimously, and we know they aren't all Bush supporters, so there was alway the possibility of it passing anyway. I agree with Rank, it will pretty much end up in a bunch of frivolous lawsuits that wont end anywhere but costing us tax money. I'm not saying that Dubya is the best president ever or anything.. but I don't think everybody should always be so quick to jump all over him for everything that comes up. There are alot more to blame for things then just one person.

ATX Mental Case

yes! my tax dollars at work! ....hey i like to be optimistic hehe
    where are you?

fact: different = abnormal
    observation: everyone is different, therefore everyone is abnormal
    conclusion: there is no normal, express yourself

Anodized

Originally Posted by Judgement
    Originally Posted by OvRiDe
    We would probably be speaking Russian. We probably couldn't afford computers to mod, and what you said could possibly land you in jail.
    Of course that is all theoretical..
    acutly i was going more for the ridiculous laws our Government come up with dont get me wrong im all for the US of A but sometimes the crybaby BS we creat laws for simply amazes me and wed be more likely be speeking German via Hitler and I mostly like wouldnt have had a place to have said it since we wouldnt have computers...

Quote Originally Posted by Judgement
    ...and wed be more likely be speeking German...
    It definately could have gone that way.. but alot of Military Historians believe that Russia was gaining on Germany to the point that if the war had gone on, Russia would have overrun Germany and then pretty much taken the rest of Europe, so on and so on.. Of course its all theoretical.

Conjunction Junction, what's your function?
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Water Cooled

School House Rocks FTW!!!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
    - Unknown