Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: -= For Noobs =- (self proclaimed or otherwise)

Alright how about I'll leave it alone and you take a pill and calm down. I don't however feel a need to provide you with my resume. We're not here to compete and let's drop this before it gets out of hand. Next time I'll pm you if I disagree with one of yoru suggestions.

Overclocked

Whatever. You need to keep in mind I was trying t help others, and if you're a mod or admin, it's a poor way to show appreciation for assistance.

If you disagree, keep it to yourself.
    -=-=-=-=-
    When computers collide, Bob is born
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.

Water Cooled

play nice kiddies

i agree with ZeD, you dont have to have a theme for a computer. if my pc doesnt have a theme and others dont like it, well it is too bad because its mine and i did it, nothing else matters. telling the newbies to have a theme might scare them away, or think about a way too complicated theme like a videogame or something. instead of saying "theme" i would rather tell them to first choose a colour or two and work around that, instead of a theme like a game, movie and things like that (they might get overwhelmed). but still, if they choose to do multicolour, and mix everything up, and the whole thing just looks like a chaos, you cant judge it subjectively and say that is crap. you dont know the meaning behind it and the work put into it. you might like it or not, but thats objective. from my understanding, you are trying to make newbies to jump right into drilling and soldering and all the complicated stuff with all those tools. Dont scare them away and say this is how it is, choose a theme, get the tools on this 2 page list and then you can start some of them dont even know where the cpu is
    dont get me wrong i have nothing agains what you say, i just think that the ppl who you wrote it for might get it the wrong way thats all. you gotta be gentle for the first time you know
    Last edited by Frakk; 04-04-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Overclocked

Frakk: Your colour scheme, your windows and any other modifications all equate to a theme. I think you all are reading it too literally, and not understanding the concept of a theme. Paint colours together form a theme, whether it be warm, cool, complimentary, r contrasting. Adding windows is a theme, whether they're square, circular, hexagonal, or traedidal. The theme is a project you can see the inside from the outside.

I never once said go jump in and tear holes in your computer case. Please read #4 for clarification.
    -=-=-=-=-
    And remember, boys and girls, it's better to say nothing, if that's what you know.

Quote Originally Posted by fishies
    If you disagree, keep it to yourself.
    I say drive your car 150mph into a wall, but if you disagree keep it to yourself, this is what I want others to do and I dont want you disagreeing with me. Are you serious? Are you seriously saying what you say is gold and no one has a right to disagree with you? If so I think everyone would agree to disagree with you. Don't you agree? I agree to disagree. Agreed?

Overclocked

No. Just you.
    -=-=-=-=-

Water Cooled

Quote Originally Posted by fishies
    Frakk: Your colour scheme, your windows and any other modifications all equate to a theme. I think you all are reading it too literally, and not understanding the concept of a theme. Paint colours together form a theme, whether it be warm, cool, complimentary, r contrasting. Adding windows is a theme, whether they're square, circular, hexagonal, or traedidal. The theme is a project you can see the inside from the outside.
    I understand what you mean by theme, what i was trying to say is it doesnt have to be one theme. you can mix everything up that totally defy's your definition of a theme, even that would be a theme. you can call anything a theme. even an unmodded coputer has a theme. therefore you dont need a theme because anything you do can be called a theme.

Overclocked

Quote Originally Posted by Frakk
    I understand what you mean by theme, what i was trying to say is it doesnt have to be one theme. you can mix everything up that totally defy's your definition of a theme, even that would be a theme. you can call anything a theme. even an unmodded coputer has a theme. therefore you dont need a theme because anything you do can be called a theme.
    That in itself is a theme. Your definition doesn't defy my definition. Actually, it strengthens it with diversity.
    -=-=-=-=-

Overclocked

I don't see what the issue is if someone asks what they should do. Maybe they have no clue and its their first mod and they are nervouse or something. If they ask the question instead of worring about it just go find posts that interest you. I find some of that first post a bit eletist and most likely there will be someone that will give suggestions to that person anyways.

I know when I have done mods that I didnt have a clue what I was going to do but I have the abilty to be semi creative and think of stuff. Some people however are not as creative and need that starting boost to help them out. Sort of like a micro managing at the begining with some good ol supervision and help to get there project to blossom. I am not saying to think of all of it but give them some suggestions and such. As an other point I know many are asking for ideas just based on the fact that modding has come a long way and a lot of ideas have done and they can't think of something original in which is what they want.

I find it odd to because when people are showing their worklogs I have seen many times people giving their opinions on something should be done when it wasnt even asked for or giving poor critism which i find alot worse then this.

Anyways if you find it repetive and don't want to help thats up to you but there is many out there that are willing too.
    Mesh makes the world go around!!!!

Administrator

I think that alot of the new people use the "Give me ideas" line to help break the ice in a new community. It is a conversation starter and helps ease them into the community. The way I look at it is..that this forum is open to any and all who have questions or suggestions no matter what they are. If people want to ask a hundred times a day for suggestions they should be able to.