Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first complaint

Default first complaint

I was wondering why on the signature is html and [img] turned off? Im sure you guys don't want sigs for a reason or you just forgot to turn it on. PLease reply

Quote Originally Posted by emochild626
    I was wondering why on the signature is html and [img] turned off? Im sure you guys don't want sigs for a reason or you just forgot to turn it on. PLease reply
    We will not be allowing signatures at this time. Please stay tuned.

FX

For now, we'll only be allowing text signatures. The one problem with image signatures, is they increase the load times for pages, and that's just not right.

Fresh Paint

Image signatures may look good but it will slow down the loading time espically if there animated and this would be awful for the 56k users still out there.

-DannyGlass
    AMD + nVidia + DFI + Antec = Kickass

Anodized

Signatures are a terrible idea on a large forum. It gets 20x as tough to regulate sigs, as they can be however large in size, but also because they can be animated. Trust me, I've seen half meg sigs before.

However, I am for having avatars by all means. There has to be a method of identifying posts, and an avvy is a very helpful tool in doing that. It causes page load times to increase, yes, and server load will go up from serving up images, but you can exercise much stricter control. 100x100 or 8kb whichever is smaller is usually a worthy compromise to make, plus it's always nice to have something to look at on a forum.

ChopChopChop..

Ya, no image sigs. Thank GOD!
    www computer-choppers com

looks like someones got 56k :p

ATX Mental Case

I am all for a small load time and I agree that sigs can really make things slow for all people especially those who are still on 56k. I like the fact though that you can still do text sigs rather than just banning sigs out right. I also agree that having avatars is great. However Avatars take up so much vertical space that most people (who normally only write 5 or 6 lines) only half fill it up. This can lead to a large amount of scrolling to see a thread. While I understand that it is very hard to rewrite the programming of the forum code, is there perhaps a way to turn off the avatars if the post is short? I do understand though that reprogramming things like this can be quite hard so I don't expect anything. Do you have any idea when avatars will be implemented? But isn't there a way top turn off viewing sigs and avatars? Surely that would allow those on a high speed connection the option of seeing sigs and those on 56k to turn them off? I personally, although on high speed 512kb, would turn them off but some people like to see things like that. To be honest I like the site just the way it is now.
    Last edited by jonopaul01; 03-19-2005 at 06:29 AM.
    There is no other choice.

did you guys turn IMG on ? cause i can see my sig. Should i remove it or is it ok?

we removed it for you