Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Os wont install on one pc, but will on another

I've got the madcow, what's your excuse? Bopher's Avatar

Default Re: Os wont install on one pc, but will on another

I know its probably a crazy thought what if the disk doesn't like the Blue-ray or vice versa? maybe swap out the drives, see if it installs then switch back.

"Technical neglect is one of the worst kinds of neglect, won't you sponsor an octal or adsl2 card so they can someday grow up into big capable adsl2+ cards? random celebrity does."

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bopher View Post
    I know its probably a crazy thought what if the disk doesn't like the Blue-ray or vice versa? maybe swap out the drives, see if it installs then switch back.
    I know my CD RW / DVD ROM drive hates DVD+R and -R.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors

Bopher- It is a DVD which I have burned with the Blu-Ray drive. It also reads other disks from that spindle. I will try the swap if the ram removal doesn't work. Too much work. lol

Nevermind1534- This is a DVD+R which I have used the drive for to burn and read from the same spindle this one came from. I spose it is possible to be dumb like that though.

Thanks guys, really appreciate it!

*UPDATE*

Removed a stick a ram, same issue. Left the stick of ram out, and used the Pioneer DVD drive from other pc and it worked! Really weird and thanks for all the help!

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Custom Title Honors

I think I +repped everyone for their assistance.

Thanks again!

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::