Thread: first mod

Fresh Paint

Default first mod

well, i wanna do my first mod, but the only case i have is some generic one i got with my first computer about 4 years ago, the only problem is that its just the chasis, no sides, no motherboard tray, and no front bezel. Does anyone have any ideas as to how i might be able to fix this?

Fresh Paint

Default Re: first mod

well ive got some ideas. Doing sides are rather hard, you know that slide and you use 2 thumb screws behind casue theres tabs and all that have to line up.

You culd get measurments and just peices of sheet metal to fit the sides and use four thumb screws to hold it in palce. For the front you could use a peice of sheet metal, and make it like WW2 themed with guages and switches and **** everyhwre(already been done but itll still be cool). Painting it and shading right will make it the bomb. Im sure someone can help you more, GL!

Fresh Paint

well for one side i was think hinges on the top and thumbscrews on the bottom, but i think a WWII theme would be cool if i did a sheetmetal side with portholes or sumtin

ATX Mental Case

how bout a full plexi on the side and frosted plexi for the front bezel. Put a couple of cathodes behind that and your set. Have the side hinged to the front, bend some sheet metal for the rear so you can thumb screw it and have some sheet metal going around it. Paint the surrounding metal and parts to match. It would help if you had some pics to give us an idea but that's all i could come up with for now. then there's fans, more lights, etc.

"What the deuce?"..Stewy Griffon

Fresh Paint

im tryin to get my dads camera so that i can get a pic

Fresh Paint

ok, heres three images of the case and its utter crappyness

Wow.. that is definately pretty bare... but it looks like a great foundation for something you can dream up.. I would go thru some of the older worklogs and see how others have fabricated parts etc.. see where your dreams take you..

Good luck and looking forward to what you come up with..

EDIT: Acrylic seems like a good choice. This worklog of Defyants is one of my favorites.. Lots of really neat stuff with acrylic

Fresh Paint

well, i know im probably gunna fabricate everything, and if i do ill keep a worklog, but i was thinking about removing the cd rack thingy and doing everything from stratch,

i found the front bexel for it, but i hate it, so im gunna start from scratch pretty much

EDIT: i had read that worklog already, and i like the marine screws, and i think ill use them for most all visible

If you want to keep with metal you could always shoot for some Aluminium sheet metal. You could proboly get some large enough to fit over most of the case and have it look like one piece.