Thread: Drill a hole through bondo?

Default Drill a hole through bondo?

Hey, part of my side panel has a bunch of small holes, like a mesh... sort of. Anyways, since i am cutting most of it out for a window i was just going to spread some bondo over it and sand it down. However, the holes are in part of the area where I am putting a fan and I need to drill the holes for it. I was wondering if I can do the bondo then drill a whole for the screw(only one cornor reaches into this area). If not, what do you suggest? Thanks, I hope I described it well enough.

Default Re: Drill a hole through bondo?

Personally I would drill the holes for the fan, then do the bondo work with a screw in the fan mount hole. Bondo can be drilled but if the new hole is close to the edge existing hole it could cause problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Then how would I go about removing the screw after? Will I be able to just throw my drill in reverse and pull it out? Thanks for the help =]

Leave the screw loose enough that you can bondo right up to it, then when the bondo is dry take it out for sanding. If you need to do more coats of bondo just be careful not to fill that hole. Then when that work is all done most you'll have to do is use an xacto to scrape the hole out.
    Quote Originally Posted by SXRguyinMA View Post
    Now, off to the basement to do some fiddling with the rods and such.
    so far left of center i'm in right field

Awesome, thanks for the help. I will be doing the Bondo today, so I will let you know how it went.

I would cover it in sheet metal, then JB Weld it to the chassis, or rivet it.
    Then bust out the hole saw and go to town, down on it.