Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Modern Warfare 2

Default Modern Warfare 2

Who's excited?

I saw the commercial for it the other night during family guy and went apes**t. So crazy in fact that my girlfriend thought I was actually kidding and being sarcastic about the game.

I didn't have time to do a thorough search for sites of information about the game, but it's developed by Infinity Ward (because Treyarch making MW2 would be weird) and probably won't feature a Co-Op campaign feature (boo!)

Doesn't matter though, fighting on snowmobiles had me hooked.

http://modernwarfare2.net/
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Modern Warfare 2

That sniping video is insane ownage.

Too bad MW2 probably will need a new custom rig to run it. Damn games keep getting crazier and crazier which means to actually enjoy them you need to keep upgrading.

Well depending on what you have I doubt you will have to upgrade much. COD:MW ran on low-medium on my 1.83 GHz Intel Core2 Duo and XFX 7300GS, and ran on all highs when I upgraded to a EliteGroup 9600GT.

I would imagine that MW2 will run on any 9500 and up, and will probably play just fine on any 8600 as well. 8800's are still powerhouses on most games as well. InfinityWard has been good about advancing the bar, but not hurdling it and landing so deeply you have to build a bridge to cross the crater after the hurdle... (Looking at you Crytek).

If I had to speculate, final recommended sys reqs will be a Dual Core, 2 gigs of RAM, and any video card with 512MB dedicated. Depending on when it is released, I would say minimum will be a Dual (maybe a Pentium 4, who knows?) with 1 GB RAM and a card with 256MB dedicated, but it'll probably suck.

I've got an EVGA GTS 250 and a Core2 Quad Q8200 and I'm just now able to run Crysis on very high, two years after it was released...
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Where the hell is the "any" key? HackSore's Avatar

i cannot wait for MW2, CoD4 is one of my all time favourite games.
    I finally got around to playing CoD5 the other night, and it was ok, but every second i was playing it i was thinking i would rather be playing CoD4.

Any idea when its due?

Custom Title Honors Liquid_Scope_99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HackSore View Post
    i cannot wait for MW2, CoD4 is one of my all time favourite games.
    I finally got around to playing CoD5 the other night, and it was ok, but every second i was playing it i was thinking i would rather be playing CoD4.

Any idea when its due?
    I couldnt have said it any better myself

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Fishwar 3... err... Call of Doodie... I mean... Call of Duty 3 was amazing. Best Wii game and best $50 I ever spent. Yay Activision!

Good Wii game yes, otherwise CoD2 beats CoD3. Treyarch went stupid when they decided not to release a PC port for COD3.

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I think my favorite part of that game was the cutscenes... good thing too as there was no way to skip them. Pretty good story writers they have.

I come from a land down under. simon275's Avatar

I am so excited for this. I love COD4 sooo much. I have put so many hours into it. Did anyone here like cod5?
    Need a sig

ATX Mental Case

As soon as I upgrade my computer to play modern warfare 2 im never playing xbox again lol.