Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Project: Tetris

Fresh Paint

Default Re: Project: Tetris

The keyring is trash

It converts the first frame of the .gif into a .bmp and that's it! Only has terrible sliding/checkerboarding transitions that you can't change too, fastest it'll change is 1 frame per second too.

Ah well.
    It could be worse, you could work at Starbucks...

Like me...

Fresh Paint

Cut some 120mm and 80mm fan mounting holes in the front bezel:

Also tested my rivet gun, having never used on before (hence the redundant 3.5" cage attached to the back of the chassis. Result: gonna have to drill them out, aka working well.

I'm sourcing some UK based suppliers for PVC tubing of the correct sizes, might get my Dad to drive me to B&Q. I think I'm gonna buy some green LED fans but spray them black, like the MNPCTech guy did with his biomechanic case mod. Gave a cool effect.

Like me...

Fresh Paint

Finally got my workbench brought up from home and found my dremelesque thing.

And one for the ladies...

I love my dremel, it's got a hanging stand and angle extender thing, so it's really easy to work with in tighter spaces or with detail.

Like me...

Fresh Paint

Ok so I now have a bad back, after being cramped up in this space (don't have a long enough power lead to get right down into the back yard):

I cut away the really wonky edges with the dremel (also, man do those disks wear out quick! Went through 6 this afternoon):

Then I used a big ol' file to smooth them off:

After that I masked it off and drew up the design, then slowly started to cut out the squares, first by engraving the pattern then cutting all the way through.

And finally ended up with this (howdy neighbours):

After that I filed the edges smooth then sanded the finish back ready for the primer.

After one coat of primer:

Next up I started a little fun idea which may replace the AC Ryan grill, I started engraving the 'Tetris' logo into some plexi, and I'll sidelight it in white/green, the same as the Tetris window above...

Not finished yet, but it's only a test.

Like me...

Looks like its progressing pretty well. For some reason I really like the design for the front of your case, all the shapes laid out and colored like that makes me think its going to look really cool.
    I would really like my Thermaltake prizes... Thanks everyone for my wonderful prizes!

Fresh Paint

Just sanded down my first coat of primer, and discovered a few little scratches and dinks and stuff to be filled in with this stuff I ordered from eBay, recommended by my Dad (many years patching up old mini's teaches you something about body filler!)

Just for fun I thought I'd post the reflection in the primer, hah.

It's too damp to apply any primer now, so I'm working on the PCB design for my side lighting. It's just a sketch for the time being but I'm gonna order some LED's when I get paid and breadboard it up.

Till next time (Friday probs)...Thanks for the comments.

Like me...

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

looks great man!

cant wait to see more... i love tetris
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!