Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dirt cheap keyboard

Anodized

Default Dirt cheap keyboard

Let me get things stright.

I need a keyboard. Cheap one since a change them very often.
    I'm a programer and gamer at same time. Not very patient. Keyboard get's its lessons sometimes so I need new keyboard. Cheap one.

I need suggestions. I preffer low profile and black keyboards. Multimedia keys would be nice too. I thought about Dell's SK-8135. Anyone used it?

Thanks in advance
    Cheers

Code:
    ar -r God

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default Re: Dirt cheap keyboard

You get what you pay for. Because you can assign hotkeys to the G15, I'd recommend it for gaming and programming... just quit having fits.

Or how about one of these:

yes flexible beat it all you want rubber keyboard is going to be my next keyboard. So +1 minus the ugly purple yahoo branded POS
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Anodized

Nice. Havin a laugh is good, but in good maner.

I cannot understand this g15 mania. Yes, it's good. But there are better alternatives.
    Seems g15 and razers/saitec are only known game-gear *sigh*.

I expected much more from this community. I'm highly disapointed.

Code:
    ar -r God

Wow look at my post up there.. really should stop posting from my touch makes me look retarded. Anyway I find that the best keyboards that I have ever used are in no particular order: IBM stock keyboard, logitech anything for the most part, I also very much love the laptop like aftermarket keyboards. I am not a brand loyalist by any means but the newest logitech set that i bought has me in love. If only they would sell bundles with a trackball. Anyway the newest set i have is just some cheap generic wireless laser jobby from wal fart.
    Regedit'ed, Rooted, and Jailbroke anymore questions?
    Here’s a bumper sticker I’d like to see: “We are the proud parents of a child who’s self-esteem is sufficient that he doesn’t need us promoting his minor scholastic achievements on the back of our car.”

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Personally I'd recommend a nice, sturdy, high-quality keyboard and a stress-ball/punching bag. I've heard really good things about the SteelSeries keyboards, they're supposed to be really sturdy. Similar options include the IBM Model M (been out of production for many years now, god only knows why). I'm personally also a fan of the MS Natural 4000 (only MS product you'll ever see me recommend lol) and while I've never actually used one, I love the idea of the USB Thinkpad keyboards since I've loved the keyboards actually in Thinkpads ever since I first laid fingers on one. Of course, there's always the Kinesis Advantage Pro if you felt like blowing lots of money on it....

If you're determined to get a cheap keyboard though, I use on of these at work and it's pretty good (for a non-ergo). I really think though that if you get a nice, solid keyboard that you'll find it will stand up to abuse much better than cheap ones.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by x88x View Post
    Similar options include the IBM Model M (been out of production for many years now, god only knows why).
    Unicomp bought the rights to the IBM model M, and makes new ones in the US. http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net//cus101usenon.html
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by h3moglobe0 View Post

I expected much more from this community. I'm highly disapointed.
    I'm not sure what you want from us?

Go on eBay and buy some basic OEM keyboards or buy a rubber one that you can't snap.

The G15 is a nice keyboard and has tons of programmable options. If I remember right there's 18 different programmable keys with 3 or 4 different channels. That's 54-72 shortcut keys that you could use for coding to save you a lot of time depending on what kind of coding you do. There are also tons of mods for the LCD screen which can also help you with w/e you please. Perhaps you could have it scroll G-O-O-Z-F-R-A-B-A-H.

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevermind1534 View Post
    Unicomp bought the rights to the IBM model M, and makes new ones in the US. http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net//cus101usenon.html
    That's right, I forgot about them. Thanks.

Custom Title Honors

We have the Dell SK-8135 at work. I can't say I have given them any "lessons" but I have used them to type. I haven't used the media function on them though. I can hook one up and try it out if you want. They don't feel that cheap (for what it's worth).

What about this Microsoft Keyboard with media keys for $7 +shipping(this is what I think of as Dirt Cheap) from Newegg. Sorry if you can't order from here. Not sure where your from.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823109032

whoops Sorry. Did not see my update there. Thought I didn't click save.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::