Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DnA - revisited

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default Re: DnA - revisited

wow that is a really cool rad mount man.. cant help with the problem cuz im not really awake today.. ill read it again later and try put some input in
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

Quote Originally Posted by blueonblack View Post
    as a rule I'll take silence over awesome any day. Especially when you have so much excess awesome to enjoy elsewhere.
    way to say it thx man!

Quote Originally Posted by DonT-FeaR View Post
    wow that is a really cool rad mount man.. cant help with the problem cuz im not really awake today.. ill read it again later and try put some input in
    thank you it took a few tryis to cut out too

okay, i think ill mount them the same place as before, but with some foam under them. tryid some different setups out of the case, and the tiny piece of foam beneath helps alot! im also going to remove some of the 90 degrees fittings, beacuse they give extra noise when put on inlet, outlet of the pump:/
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

came downstairs 5:30 today to work on the case and found this lying on the floor:

funny thing is, i didnt even put that bone there... it just laid halfway under the dog Ó_ò

think its dead? so did i... didnt even move the slightest when i took the pics...
    so i started working. 4 hours later it actually moved :O

the case;
    had to enlarge the whole where the wires comes out of, so that i could fit both the 24 pin, and the 2*6 pins for the gfx card. wanted to hide the cables better than the last version were they were coming from the top, down over the ram and then into the connector -.-

had to take of the fan covers beacuse the handles on top was a bit loose... forgot how sad the fans look without the cover:O

after a bit of work with the dremel i got this. its a bit rough, but it wont be seen.

and test fitting with the cover plate/res holder

and DAMN! fits, like a glove

the result is quite nice IMO

gonna look sooo sexy when the res with blue fluid gets in place! and i hope the build will look über clean with only 9mm OD hoses. just hoping that it wont affect the temps that much. based on tests i saw, it shouldnt.

proper camera and lightning would do so much more :/

hope you like it watercooling parts were send today, and hopefully arive tommorow! dont know when i will have my gfx back though

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

very cool nice mounting spot gunna be sweet
    you tease!

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

Beautiful work!
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”

thx all! GREAT news! im getting a brand new card next week with BLACK pcb instead of red! damn... gotta love companies that does a proper job @ rma´s!

watercooling should be in tommorow, so update on the tubing, and res position there!
    im so happy that the rma went as smooth as it did! very prof! they had the card yesterday, and send out a new card the same day lol! thats service!

EDIT:

ill just edit in the next couple of updates since they will be small

the res holder plate thingie cracked. its not much, but i know its there. so ill redo it. better this time, along with some other cover plates i have in mind. i will post some renders when done.
    Last edited by p0Pe; 05-13-2009 at 03:03 PM.

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

/\he was seriously happy guys.. he was OMG OMG ing on msn was funny as.

congrats mate
    you tease!

of course i am im getting rid of the ugly red pcb board that made my mod seem like something thats just been killed...

watercooling came today and hoses are prepped only need the gfx to finish now! damn i cant wait tuesday next week... then ill have this bad boy up and running again!

EDIT:

some pics of the watercooling and a minor update
    got the stuff! yay

some of the fittings. the big mofo there is a filter. koolance actually upped there quality everything is with o-rings now. no glue!

the resevoir holder! pure sex. below the gfx card, you can see the cover for the pci-e slots i wont be using. ill have a little suprise for you tommorow with that

the dark side of this mod... the wirering. it looks messy as h#ll but everything is zip tied together, and firmly secured! yeah... you try hiding 1200Watts of cable, and a remote controller!

at least the back panel still fits without going nuclear... there is room for alot more behind it!

the hole at top is going to be covered up. ill show that tommorow

some hosing. right now everything looks messy, but it will settle when i get the res plate back on there... i hope the reason for the loads of tubing is that the loops isnt gonna run like:
    pump1 - pump 2 - raddy and blocks
    but like this:
    resevoir - pump 1 - 120.1 raddy - gpu - cpu - pump 2 - 120.9 raddy - back to resevoir.
    that way i will dump most heat outside the case.

i had to redo the resevoir holder beacuse i got a small crack in one of the corners... its barely visible but i know its there -.-

i just looked at my server, and alone for this mod i uploaded over 700 pics lol...

update again in 24 hours !

-p0Pe
    Last edited by p0Pe; 05-14-2009 at 01:46 PM.

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Quite the impressive reservoir mount. +Rep

indeed sweet
    lol @ dog