Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DnA - revisited

Default DnA - revisited

sooooo.... my 4870 blew while the gf was playing gta4 on the rig... dumb as i was i forgot to hock up the fans on the radiator after i was at a lan, so the rig has stood 4 hours idle, and then went bsod after 1.5 hours of intense gaming... not bad considdering the whole thing was passive cooled the whole time...
    beacuse of the hot fluid, one of the xspc resevoirs leaked, so now its time for

DnA - Revisited

major changes
    -i dumped the harddrive loop.. wasnt worth the extra space. the radiator is going inside the primary loop.
    -the radiator is going of the case, and im currently making an external stand for it.
    -the resevoirs on the top is gone. an acrylic plate will cover up the wholes.
    -tube size has been cut down from 19 OD to 9 OD, and tubing will be black with Koolance compression fittings
    -i will put a Koolance Inline resevoir inside the case. it will be held by a custom cut black acrylic stand.
    -fluid will be blue Koolance fluid. only place it will be visible is in the pump, and the resevoir. as mentioned the hoses is going to be black tygon.

i will have my watercooling parts tuesday, and might get the res stand cut this weekend, or next week.

it kinda suck to be blowing off another 175$ on watercooling, but i hope it will be worth it. (+ new parts yay!)

pics will follow with next update on the watercooling

stay tuned!

thought i might as well start a new thread since this will be a bit of a rebuild

-p0Pe

Edit:

just a quick update so you know what im talking about

parts:

fittings will all be theese:

and

resevoir will be this one:

fluid:

enjoy
    Last edited by p0Pe; 05-08-2009 at 05:29 PM.
    is that a 120.9 raddy on your case, or are you just happy to see me?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

Default Re: DnA - revisited

cant wait to see this project again
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

thx DT! neiter can i

after hours of measuring, modeling, remeasuring, remodeling etc i got this:

if you cant guess where it will sit, then you will just have to wait and see

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

more renders.

mo-ra holder. what do you think?

dont know if its sturdy enough though... might make it out of 5 mm plex instead of 3 mm.

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

A big old Tease Apparently DonT-FeaR's Avatar

oh.. im setting up camp and getting ready for the long haul good luck and good work mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Drum Thumper View Post
    you tease!

thx man! apriciate it

soooo.. time for a little update again

cleaned the mo-ra radiator with some destilated water hocked up on the xspc resevoir pump. you think this thing could handle a waterblock or two on top of that radiator lol? look at that flow xD this thing clearly wasnt build for the huge capacity of the godlike MO-RA !

got the bottom section cleaned alot! took all the wires out from the psu´s and redid wirering. hell of a job with 2 psu´s to worry about, but totally worth it! now i can even fit 2 ddc´s downthere without problems, or another 120.1 or maybe even 120.2 if i dremel a bit but i wont... dont need it. ill post a pic of the finish cabling when i got one. you can barely see any

im hoping to put some pump/fan controller inhere. got something in mind, but i dont have the cash for it so maybe it will just stay empty for the time being:shrug:

time to play!

firering mah lazor!!!

might do something with this also... have seen some impressive work from some danes lately on theese things, and i am bugling with ideas

on to the radiator stand! actually quite sturdy, but i will have to glue it together... if i can find some glue somewhere... my sister decided to use about half a liter on a f#cking shoe!

the mora in all its glory! damn i love that thing!

and the res holder!

thats it for now sadly, my watercooling parts wont arrive until thursday. but more time to plan i might go play some guitar hero in the meantime.. still a couple of songs that needs to get pwn´d on expert!

until next time the only thing you have to do is watch this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AOfb...eature=related
    and comment comment comment! as ordered by hypnotoad. also notice the comments

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

now:
    SERIOUS PROBLEM!

guys, really need you to get working on the inputs here. this is a job for modders!

i cant decide if i want to move the pumps or not!

in this pic you can see where i am thinkin about moving them too. it would make it easy to isolate them and make them less noisy. but then they cant be seen from above and they look so cool, and what do i put in the spot where they were before :S

ill post better pics that will explain better when i get my hands on my camera again!

just test fittet. they can easyly be in between the fan and the psu´s. and i could route the hoses up the same way the hdd loop hoses was routed.

inputs is highly wanted

what to do, awsomeness versus silence:S the biggest problem will be to fill the gab where they were before. what could i put there?

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Got to say i loved the first version of this case, and am anxiously waiting to see how this revision turns out, so far i must say it looks awesome. What about adding a window so u can see the pumps in their new location?

thx for the reply man

thought about that, but the whole idea of putting the pumps downthere is to seal them off with foam, to make them dead silent

METO V.1
    METO V.2
    METO V.3
    PC-Beto
    Project M8 [WIP]

Stupidity feeds my children blueonblack's Avatar

I'm not a water cooler myself, but as a rule I'll take silence over awesome any day. Especially when you have so much excess awesome to enjoy elsewhere.
    “Do not trust people like me. I will take you to museums, and parks, and monuments, and kiss you in every beautiful place, so that you can never go back to them without tasting me like blood in your mouth. I will destroy you in the most beautiful way possible, and when I leave you will finally understand why storms are named after people.”