Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artist/ Song Name!?

I mod everything I touch. Indybird's Avatar

Default Artist/ Song Name!?

I don't know if anyone on here goes on wimp.com, but for those who don't heres a quick explanation: wimp.com is a compilation of the best of the funny/interesting/cool videos all over the internet. Videos are added to the site everyday making wimp great for watching when you're bored.

Now that I've briefly explained that...I was on wimp a few days back and I came across this video. I really got into that song I was wondering what group that was. Well all wimp.com tells me is that its a "Swedish Rap video", and there is no mention of their name in the video.

Has ANYONE seen this video/heard this group before? I'm dying to know who this is.

Thanks a million,
    Indybird

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Artist/ Song Name!?

MOVITS! - Fel Del Av Gården

People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Indybird View Post
    I really got into that song I was wondering what group that was. Well all wimp.com tells me is that its a "Swedish Rap video", and there is no mention of their name in the video.

Has ANYONE seen this video/heard this group before? I'm dying to know who this is.
    I can't get into that music because of the total lack of lyrical comprehension I suffer when it comes to Swedish rap .. but clicked a couple of links along and found this:

EDIT: Aaah it's on youtube. Wimp looks like some kind of video aggregator.

http://www.wimp.com/thermiteexperiments/

It seems thermite is quite something !

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I can't get into that music because of the total lack of lyrical comprehension I suffer when it comes to Swedish rap .. but clicked a couple of links along and found this:

EDIT: Aaah it's on youtube. Wimp looks like some kind of video aggregator.

(video)

http://www.wimp.com/thermiteexperiments/

It seems thermite is quite something !
    yeah, wimp is pretty much an aggregator/repost site.

also, i dig foreign music but only because for me, vocals are less what they're saying and more the vocal harmony as a musical instrument. I don't even pay attention to what the singer is saying until I've listened to a song quite a few times through.

too much music these days is too vocal or too instrumental heavy, people need to learn a balance if they're going to utilize both elements.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    yeah, wimp is pretty much an aggregator/repost site.

also, i dig foreign music but only because for me, vocals are less what they're saying and more the vocal harmony as a musical instrument. I don't even pay attention to what the singer is saying until I've listened to a song quite a few times through.

too much music these days is too vocal or too instrumental heavy, people need to learn a balance if they're going to utilize both elements.
    That or every song sounds like the one you just listened to. ugh.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega View Post
    I pretty much put this down to the production and values of the big studios. Some friends recently signed by Island records had a big sound, great guitar work and their lead vocalist is operatically trained.

Sounds like pop mush now Island's producers have their hands on it and balanced everything down to the lowest common denominator

CB

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    I pretty much put this down to the production and values of the big studios. Some friends recently signed by Island records had a big sound, great guitar work and their lead vocalist is operatically trained.

Sounds like pop mush now Island's producers have their hands on it and balanced everything down to the lowest common denominator

CB
    Yup. Sadly that's kind of how it works. And that's why my two bands will never accept a record deal from any large label. Small, independent studios ftw. I don't like to be an elitist (and I especially don't like being called "indie", because usually when I think "indie" i think less "independent music" and more "hipster music") but when we record ourselves or get people we know/local studios to do it, we have a lot more control over our sound. which is a good thing.

Also, I'd rather sound good than be popular. Much like these guys: myspace.com/toastmachine

/shameless plug

(No, I'm not in that band. But Gio Benedetti, the bassist, was my Bass teacher for several months, in which I learned a hell of a lot.)

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I also have great dislike for record labels... odds are I'll stay unsigned and if I do go anywhere I'll try and pull of something like what NIN is doing - figuring out what works best with today's technology.

Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    I also have great dislike for record labels... odds are I'll stay unsigned ....
    I can vouch for that. I heard your music

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Heh heh. It's bound to change a lot over the next couple years... trying to use more than just a massive amount of kick drums. That and I don't want people trying to force me to create what they think should be my sound as opposed to "letting the music speak for me."