Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Kitbashed Stuff

Default Pre-Kitbashed Stuff

Hey there everyone, I have a question or idea that could be helpful to potentially tons of modders out there looking to kitbash.

We all know kitbash can get quite expensive, as it sometimes takes many kits to find all the pieces you need. However, I have been thinking that I could buy a lot of kits myself and sort the stuff out myself (army, wheels, futuristic, etc.) and people could buy them for about the cost of one regular model kit in stores. That way, you only get the parts you need and don't have any issue with leftover parts just sitting around.

This is my idea, of course, is there anywhere that already has something like this going on? Also, would anybody be interested in purchasing kits like these, because I would be able to provide the service if people are interested.

Let me know, thanks!!

Default Re: Pre-Kitbashed Stuff

I actually thought of this a few months ago, but figured it would be a bit hard to sort out prices and stuff. I personally proboly would just buy the model itself, not a premade kit thing.

Rankenphile

Yeah, I would probably do the same. I tend to find inspiration from a lot of random pieces I have lying around, so prefer to kitbash myself. There's no such thing as an unusable part, jsut a part you haven't discovered the project for.

sure I'll take 250 3/32" M60A1 jerry can caps It would cost a small fortune to create stock like that--and probably very hard to catalog, photograph and sell--but hey--I could be wrong
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

See, I was thinking the same thing, and then I realized that it would be pretty simple and easy to start off. I figure, I could buy about ten kits at decent prices (I know someone who owns a hobby shop) to start, and seperate everything out by major groups.

This way, it is an assortment of pieces that could be used, not guaranteed selections. It would be something like a 10pc. assortment of electronic equipment pieces (for example), with a pretty even amount of large pieces, small pieces, and tiny pieces.

I would have to work everything out once I actually get the pieces, and work out exact pieces. I am pretty good with the logistical kind of stuff, working things out, etc. so I think I could work everything out decently.

At this point, I just want to know if anyone would be interested in something like this?

I think this idea defeats the purpose of kitbashing--sorting through and finding random parts that work out in a whimsical way in order to create the look and feel needed for a project--I can never start off a kit bahing project by knowing exactly what I'll need for a certain look--so I really wouldnt have aneed for this type of service--but some may
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Yeah, but you're Crimson Sky!!!! You're the lord of modders....some people don't have enough dough to buy ten kits to find a piece that they might need.

Anyone else interested??

Anodized

Just an Idea

rather then trying to sort and sell why not just have everyone put up the parts they have/need that they are not intending to uses and then they could trade/sell with each other (whatever deal they work out)

then again if your anything like me youll trade/sell a pice then a week later think up a good idea for how to use it DOH!!!
    Invention, my dear friends, is 93% perspiration, 6% electricity, 4% evaporation, and 2% butterscotch ripple.

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

Case Wizard

Problem I have with it ... Do you really know what your looking for when diggin through the kits?

Some of it comes from having an idea what you thing should go there .. then finding something else while looking thought the kit.

example; looking thought some of my War Hammer left over arms / weapons looking for a sword and Ax for a to place in a crypt. Found a Skelton hand will a Ax that worked for the floor (as if someone tryied to rob it and lost am Arm).

alright...not well received.. //sits in corner and cries//