Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Split stereo output?

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Default Re: Split stereo output?

Your box should work, I would look for a 4PDT and make it a bit easier then flipping 2 switches. Unless of course your gonna mount something across the switches and make it look like a knife switch. That would be sweet.

-CollinstheClown

Cool. I'm glad it looks like it would work. Of course depending on the switch the wires would be a little different, as I kept finding different diagrams, and I accidentally just mirrored the wires in mine instead of the same on both sides.

? Has anyone tried to rip cheap speakers out of their cheap plastic case and rebuild into a new box with actual terminals? A solid box has to be better than the cheap crap they come in right?

I've got mdf and was thinking about reboxing the extra speakers I have that way I can use custom length cable. Also I could toss 2 sets into one box and make it look better than tossing two different speakers on top of each other.

Or would I just be better off just junking them and buying like $50 Sony Bookshelfs from Best Buy or something? I just hate wasting what I have.

reboxing them would definitely be fun, just make sure you have the right air volume in the box (going off of car subwoofer box design) for the speaker thats if you want to max the bass output of the speaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Has anyone tried to rip cheap speakers out of their cheap plastic case and rebuild into a new box with actual terminals? A solid box has to be better than the cheap crap they come in right
    Some guy over at metkumods made custom boxes for his Logitech speakers ( http://metku.net/index.html?path=mod...wood/index_eng ) , there are some other custom speaker box mods on that site that you may find helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Very cool. I knew it was possible, and I'm sure anything is better than the crappy particleboard/plastic enclosures they are in. This might be my first mod for the summer as this would actually be useful to me. I wanted to build a case I'd been thinking of, but I'm not I've got a use for another case at the moment.