Thread: HD-DVD for Blu-Ray the Swap.

Default HD-DVD for Blu-Ray the Swap.

Warner Bros Releases Only.

Red to Blue <=-

You don’t actually have to send in the HD-DVD to get a copy of the movie on Blu-ray.
    All you have to do is return the original cover sleeve of the HD-DVD. As most of you already
    know HD-DVD has been phased out, and you can purchase the dics cheap and swap them out.

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: HD-DVD for Blu-Ray the Swap.

neat idea

Funniest thing happened the other day: I was in an open house, and I wanted to see the basement, so I go down and saw a big LCD tv. I immediately wondered what console he had. When I looked he had a PS3 and a 360...with a HD DVD drive! I laughed so hard, and all I thought was fail.
    Im Back Baby!
    Yeah, I just quoted Bender Bending Rodriguez, got a problem?

Why is that fail? You can get HD-DVD's as low as 1.99$ and often quite below $5. Try finding similar priced blurays . . . There's no visible picture difference. Why does all the media have to be of the same type (why all bluray and not hd-dvd) if you can get virtually the same quality for much much cheaper?

Local laser guy! Collinstheclown's Avatar

Because Sony is a big billy.

-CollinstheClown

Ohh no I understand the need for one and just one type of new media in the marketplace. I meant in someone's collection. Does everything need to be replaced once the new top thing comes out. Why can't some be HD-DVD in your collection if they are cheaper for the same film and pretty much same quality?

Just because its a dead format doesn't mean its a bad format. I'd rather pay under 5$ for the same film than 20+, even if new movies aren't going to come out on that format. Not to difficult to me to stick the disk in a player that is a few feet over from the new one.

Edit: And this was pretty cool. Good way for those who hate having different formats be able to swap there hd-dvds to bluray for still under the cost of just buying the bluray. And you get to keep your hd-dvd disk, just not the coverart. Not bad.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    Ohh no I understand the need for one and just one type of new media in the marketplace. I meant in someone's collection. Does everything need to be replaced once the new top thing comes out. Why can't some be HD-DVD in your collection if they are cheaper for the same film and pretty much same quality?
    Ask yourself this: what happens when you HD-DVD player (or your Beta-Max for that matter) goes belly up and you can't get a replacement?

Now, as far as the DVD/Bluray wars, I agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream

They do have both format players. An average savings of 15$ per disk for comparable titles adds up, especially when you can rip the hd-dvds to your computer and play them from there.

To me the savings would be worth it, but to others I can see it wouldn't I guess. If I were worried about the player going I would just rip and re-encode, or just rip and play on htpc.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    I would just rip and re-encode, or just rip and play on htpc.
    He's using his rights! Help! Bad consumer, bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

I don't have any HD-DVD's but if I did I would. I see no problem backing up things I purchase. But no more talk of that.

Either way, buying HD-dvd's cheap and then going with this program still works out cheaper than buying the bluray's retail iirc.