Thread: +rep if you can answer this

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default +rep if you can answer this

When talking about notebook drives, Western digital in particular...
    what is the difference between "BEKT" and "BJKT" besides the "fall sensor"?

BEKT = without
    BEJT = with

I ask this because I've found 320GB 7200rpm drives for 69.99 W/ sensor then 84 dollars w/o. This doesn't make any sense to me unless the "BJKT" (w/sensor) takes some sort of performance hit.

Default Re: +rep if you can answer this

There is no difference between them besides the Free Fall sensor, page 2 of the western digital supports this thought//

http://www.albatros.co.uk/resources/wd_cheatsheet.pdf

It is simply just the free fall sensor.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Most likely there is a surplus of stock with the fall sensor, which is why its cheaper.

Also, there are always people who are hesitant to buy new products that havent really been proven, so there might be some reflection of that in the price too.

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzKillington View Post
    I ask this because I've found 320GB 7200rpm drives for 69.99 W/ sensor then 84 dollars w/o. This doesn't make any sense to me unless the "BJKT" (w/sensor) takes some sort of performance hit.
    You have a link for that deal ??
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Sure do.

eBay 69.99 w/free shipping

mwave 69.99 +tax + ~$7.00 shipping

ZZF 75.99 + tax w/free shipping (beats mwave's deal by almost a dollar)

I used eBay. After CA tax $76.46

EDIT: Another deal through ZZF if you don't mind MIR's or Hitachi drives. I'd rather pay the extra money for the WD Scorpio Black though.

EDIT: Thought I'd letcha guys know that "techtreasure" on eBay = MWAVE. I got an e-mail from Processing@mwave.com saying my order has been verified and is being processed... scared the hell outta me because I didn't buy anything from mwave but I checked my order status and it showed the 69.99 w/free shipping that I got through eBay.