Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a mac keyboard be used on a windows pc ?

Default Re: Can a mac keyboard be used on a windows pc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Buddhist View Post
    You didn't look too closely .. the keyboard on the original Amazon page linked to is a standard English QWERTY key layout ....
    CrazyB
    I did look, its not QWERTY, its QWERTZ. Z and Y are swapped and there are umlauted vowel keys in place of symbol keys. Not your standard QWERTY keyboard which is why I expressed my concern

The one you linked to is QWERTZ as well, not QWERTY. If the different keys are going to be an issue for him then it does make quite a difference.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

That's a German layout or something like that. It's some European keyboard layout.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by NightrainSrt4 View Post
    I did look, its not QWERTY, its QWERTZ. Z and Y are swapped and there are umlauted vowel keys in place of symbol keys. Not your standard QWERTY keyboard which is why I expressed my concern

The one you linked to is QWERTZ as well, not QWERTY. If the different keys are going to be an issue for him then it does make quite a difference.
    The one I linked to is for the UK market and in the pdf the Z and Y are not transposed - it's QWERTY. In the second link they are transposed - I think that's a photo shoot mistake. UK keyboards are QWERTY.

Matthew

The pdf version is actually a different model keyboard. They are both the 540 series but they are definitely different. The shape, trackpad, and light bar are most noticeable. Which makes sense as the original poster's link says they make it in different languages.

My point was that his link, the specific model he linked to, is QWERTZ, not QWERTY, and in knowing they make different keyboards for different languages then the need to be cautious when finding one for purchase is important.

That's all I was trying to say, to help with. Not which one of these links has a qwerty keyboard, while others are different. The point is they make different types of keyboards so watch out for that when buying.