Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project: Chevrolet

Default Re: Project: Chevrolet

That is amazing!! Progress is looking good!!

ATX Mental Case

I got done finishing some sanding on the panels and decided that I'm just going to strip them and start over as far as the paint is concerned.

I installed the mobo and finished the wiring. It makes a dam loud beep when it starts up, so I'm going to see what I can do about that... Wiring looks soooo good... Also, went to the sign-shop today and am having them make me a vynil of the new Chevy slogan "An American Revolution" and it will appear just as it does in their commercials and ads.

One last detail: On the model engine, I'm going to be running clear tubing into the waterpump and thermostat housing. The light from the fans should reflacet off of it, making for a cool effect and a little more detail.

ATX Mental Case

Sorry I ahven't updated, been busy. I did get the thing 90% done. I'm debating as to whether or not I should wait for AC Ryan 2-way mirror acrylic to become avaiable, or just go grab some plexi and have fun...

I do have a few more pics and mods, but they must come at a later time as I have to help the police find a friend of mine that went missing yesterday. Yeah... that was an interesting phone call...

ATX Mental Case

Ok, I'm back, and I'm updating/finishing this thing, kinda...

All major components have been installed and are waiting for power and the last of the wiring.

Last night, it occured to me that I have no exhaust fan(s). I needed to find a way to rectify the situation without taking three steps backward by cutting holes into the case again... I found a solution. I bought three 40mm fans and grabbed the spare bay cover from my new Cooler Master Centurion case which is a black mesh and then bent the small amount of mesh at the top that was curled over. The new fans fit nice and snug, with no extra attachments.

I had a few vynils made for me, including a bunch of little 3/4" Chevy logos. I placed one on each fan. They are still visible through the mesh, making for a cool little effect.

The three little fans in the top bay can suck nearly 90cfm combined. These things are loud, but I'm usually wearing headphones or playing loud music when I'm at my computer, so no biggee.

And now, a few pics of the "completed system." I still need to go get RAM for it, a video card, another red LED fan, and a CCFL that will be mounted from the top of the case, letting the light shine down onto everything in the case. also, things have been cleaned up just a little since this photo was taken.

Thanks for all the support you guys. Alot of great ideas, alot of support and encouragement. I have yet yo install the acrylic and a few other small things, but those are probably weeks away from now, so until then, thanks.

Anodized

thats cool man, its you own unique vision and its still got your own touches. the small stuff like the lights, etc. its cool. need to do a porsche version next with a rear wing that raises to direct air into the case. lol. nice work.

jp

Anodized

AWESOME! Nice job. So... you cut the engine window when it was already painted, so you just sprayed over it after you cut it?

Anodized

NICE WORK !!!!

Expect to see a new project from me soon

ATX Mental Case

Quote Originally Posted by Sh0ck
    AWESOME! Nice job. So... you cut the engine window when it was already painted, so you just sprayed over it after you cut it?
    Yeah. I ended up strippign off all of the paint again and sanding the exterior panels with 600 grit sand paper. Made for a better finish I think. There are still a few small flaws in the paint, but they aren't really anything to worry about.

It really is beautiful. Just out of curiousity, how much did the engine cost you and where did you get it from?

ATX Mental Case

Ya know, I don't remeber how much it cost. If I had to guess, I'd say $30 with tax. I got it while in Reno. I went to the Summit Racing warehouse and they had them there in a display case.