Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *** REDSUN MOD Worklog ***

Default *** REDSUN MOD Worklog ***

Hello everyone,
    I am just starting to create a mod. I hope people will like it but it is many for me. You can follow my work either here or my worklog blog.

Redsun PC Worklog

I may copy and past some of my posting from there but I will still add other extra stuff here and always try to reply to comments from you.

Name of RID: REDSUN
    THEME: Black and Red

Case Selection: Lian-Li PC-P80R (RED EDITION)
    This is a very high-end classy case just by itself. You may look at it and think there is no need to mod it because it is already awesome looking. Well, I have to give it my personal SENJU touch and magic. However, most of my design will be the inside but I have a few cosmetic surprises for the outside as well.

Parts Selection:
    1. CPU - Intel Core i7 Extreme Desktop (i7-965)

2. Memory - Tri-Channel Memory (for Intel Core 97 CPU)
    G.Skill DDR3-1600 x 3 (RED EDITION)
    Note: I may get 3 more to make a total of 12GB but I will wait until my whole system is up and running.

3. HDD - Western Digital VD VelociRaptor
    WD300HLFS (300GB HDD) x 2 for RAID 0
    Running at 10000rpm SATA

4. BD/DVD/CD Writer - Pioneer

5. Video Card - EVGA GTX 295 (SPECIAL RED EDITION)
    I will get 2 for Quad SLI setup (I already have one now)

6. OS - Windows Vista Ultimate - 64bit edition

7. Mobo - EVGA X58 Classified

8. Power Supply - Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250W
    This sucker is Quad-SLI ready - well duh!!!

My special mods will be in Cable Management inside the case and lighting setup and a few other cool things which I will be talking about later on.
    Ok. There you have it. At least I have most of my parts. But I have to wait until my rig comes. I may have to wait a whole month. Why you ask? Well, like I said, I am getting this modified and I have to get it shipped here from the US. BTW - I live in Tokyo.

- SENJU

Resident 100HP water-cannon operator SXRguyinMA's Avatar

Default Re: *** REDSUN MOD Worklog ***

this is going to be one high-end rig

Good luck mate, sounds interesting and will be following.
    It's like JFK announcing the moon mission. He had no expertise in space travel, and no way of knowing if it would work. He just announced "we're going to the moon" and then they made it happen because everyone was on the same page and working towards the same goal. If he had said "well, let's get some people in space, and we'll see how far out we can get, and if I find someone to make a rocket strong enough, we could possibly approach the moon's orbit and maybe land" it wouldn't have happened.

Thanks for such quick comments! I will update my work log during the weekend.

Cool. Can't wait to see it.
    If you have any trouble adding your youtube videos all you have to do is select the youtube
    icon from the top right of the "Reply to Thread" menu, and place the bold area of the youtube
    web address between the youtube tags www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWmgVjzCBVY

It sounds like you guys want me to do some you tubeing!
    hmmmmm......Ok. I did one on my GTX295 Card already at my blog site.

Fresh Paint

kinda nice if the video is about the build and not just a gpu..no hard feelings.

Are you gonna build/mod a case or are you just going to put all your good specs in a case and thats it..?

note to my self..read the post..cable management and lights..

Welcome to TBCS! That sounds like an interesting project, I'm looking forward to seeing it. BTW- You may be the only Japanese member we have, tell all your friends to join because we want to see what people from other nations are doing with their ideas!

Jon
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

GTI-san,
    Good point! I think I better explain now what some of the mod plans for this setup and what not to expect.

I will start with what not to expect;
    1. Do not expect me building the frame of the PC.
    I think I already told you that my decision to use the Lian-Li PC-P80R
    2. Do not expect me to do window cutting or major molding to change the shape of the rig.
    3. Do not expect exotic water cooling. In fact I decided not to do any water cooling.
    I will do Air cooling.

Mods to the rig
    First of all, please do not call me a wimp for outsourcing most of my mods for this project. So why make a work log then? To tell you the truth, there are some special mods I need to do and I think I need help in how to do them. Not everything is outsourced but I probably need some advice on certain changes. Instead of jumping in a forum and suddenly ask questions, I decided that if I created a worklog that people can follow, you guys can see my issues better and provide suggestions when I need them.

That being said, here is my list;
    1. Custom case internal power coating : Color : Gloss Black
    I am taking out the 2 HDD cages and keeping them red. I am keeping the whole exterior RED including the Back end.
    2. I am replacing the 2 red panels with 2 black side panels.
    3. One of the side panels will have a rectangle window - CLEAR
    This window will have an interesting "M" mark etched into it.
    Also, I am etching "Design by Senju". (This is my personal touch)
    4. I am adding sound proof noise damping (color = blacK) at the bottom.
    I will cut and fit this 3 layer stuff all across the bottom.
    5. I will place 2 80mm RED UV fans at the bottom. However, I will cut the Damping material around it the fans will fit into them.
    6. I want to get A.C. Ryan UV red Acrylpanel stuff and place it and shape (cutting) to be place on top of the damping material (like a sandwitch).
    7. I want to get A.C. Ryan MeshXpanel material and cut a cage around the UV red fans at the bottom to place over them.
    8. I will probably add 2 light tubes along side the UV fans. Again, cut both the Damping material and Acryl stuff around it. And finally make a MESH cage to fit over those lights as well.
    9. All case cables will be sleeve with BLACK. The heatsink will also be black along with the Molex. ALL BLACK!
    10. The Power supply cables will be all sleeve Black (like the case) except the following;
    The 24 mother pin will be UNI-SLEEVE in UV RED
    Both 8-PIN and 6-PIN x 2 for the VGA cards will be UNI-SLEEVE in UV RED
    11. I thinking of placing more Sound damping material over the whole side (from bottom to top of the HDD frame case). Again, I will put 2 light tubs in the middle and cut the material around it. I will then layer the side with UV RED Acryl stuff. And finally cover the lights with Mesh cages. I need to see if the thickness of the side HDD to the side panel is thick enough. However, I believe there is plenty of room.

12. Oh yea, I might replace the red 5 1/2 inch bay covers from RED to Black. I am going to wait until my rig arrives to decide on that.

13. There is other smaller mods like cable design with the Uni-Sleeve cables. I might put a clear Transparent sleeve cable OVER the UNI-Sleeve UV RED to make it look like streams of RED flowing from the mobo to the power supply. We will see.

There is probably more stuff I will do as the project progresses.

- SENJU

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_l4NeMUoiY-...h/HDD+Case.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_l4NeMUoiY-...-h/BackEND.jpg
    Last edited by Senju; 04-17-2009 at 09:30 AM. Reason: To add picture!

Fresh Paint

Wow, that's going to be very red

you may want to embed your images, if they are not too big.

ie

The Cutting edge of modding, is on the end of your Dremmel