Thread: Ideas for old case

Default Ideas for old case

I've really wanted to do a full mod of this case for a while, but I'm not very creative. I'd love to do something with either steampunk or cyberpunk (or both, one side steampunk and it transitions to cyberpunk), but like I said, I'm not creative. If anyone has any ideas, they'd be much appreciated.

One thing I was thinking of (if I do the transition between the two) is that I could have a bunch of copper tubing on the steampunk side for watercooling, and on the other side have all the radiators and such.

Also, I don't have a bunch of (or any) cash, so I'd prefer to keep this under ~$300.

case:

AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM
    Diamond ATI Radeon HD 3850 512 MB

eee PC 1000HA with 2gb RAM, 250gb HDD

Default Re: Ideas for old case

Please? anyone? I'm working on a rough sketch, but I suck at drawing and, as stated previously, I'm not really creative. I can extrapolate off other ideas and make it more than it was originally, but I can't do s*** for starting them myself.

So far my general concept is a split steampunk/cyberpunk mod. I can't decide if I should have the layout be vertical split or horizontal split, or which side should be which.
    A vertical split would lend itself well to having a big window, and I could trace the mobo with UV pens and install a blacklight. Or, I could have watercooling and have copper tubing stick out for decoration on that side and have it be steampunk, but then I couldn't do the window. That's why I was leaning a bit towards doing a horizontal split, I could do both and it would make styling the front bays easier. If I do watercooling (which I hope to), I plan to dedicate the right side of the case to the radiator.
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM

Sounds like where I am. What I've done on my current project is simply start off with the basic cuts that will work with any theme - fan holes, smoothing out ugly edges - and sketch things out as best I can (though I'm crap at drawing, too).

I like the split idea. How were you thinking of blending them together? Just a flat line, or a piece of copper pipe running between the halves? Or will it be a slow blend, with brass-lookin' circuitry in the middle?

Either way, only you know what you want. It's in there somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitternacht View Post
    Everyone else had quotes, and I didn't. I figured the next funny thing I see I'd throw in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke122 View Post
    Jon, the whole post is about building a bong that changes its own water.
    Gee, it damn sure took me long enough to find and add the origin of the first quote...

I was thinking of just doing a flat line. Probably some sort of border in a few spots, but nothing continuous.
    I just want to hear some feedback, really, this'll be my first mod. I really have no idea how to start, either, so I suppose I was fishing around for some other info. I've read all the wikis and such on the site, I just want to make sure people think it'd be a good project. I don't have any tools as of yet.

If anyone knows of any good examples of steam/cyberpunk, they'd be appreciated. I can't find more than one or two and I still need to get a good overview of what the styles encompass.
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM

uh.
    Whut.
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM

It is possible that that wasn't spam, but rather a really weird way ti suggest nickel-plating the case. That would look pretty cool, I guess.

Or maybe it is just spam.

That's what I was thinking, but I'm not really sure it's particularly relevant, and the lack of explanation didn't help. I guess it's kind of useful, though
    AMD 64 X2 6000+ at 3ghz
    2GB RAM