Thread: Custom Engraving Tutorials

ATX Mental Case

Default Custom Engraving Tutorials

Hi Guys,

in the last couple of days i was doing some engravings and thought it would maybe a good idea to make some short video tutorials which show some of the methods you can choose for a custom engraving.

For the 1st part i choosed a very easy Method i call it template method because you simply put an printout of your desired engraving on the plexiglas sheet. Then you engrave through the paper ....itīs a very safe method...ideal for beginners which have not a lot of practise...

but...itīs only one way out of thousands, so if you got any useful tip or technique...let us know !!

Default Re: Custom Engraving Tutorials

Nice simple tutorial! This may only be me but it would be nice if the text was bigger just had some issues reading some words.

Quote Originally Posted by thechoozen View Post
    Hi Guys,

in the last couple of days i was doing some engravings and thought it would maybe a good idea to make some short video tutorials which show some of the methods you can choose for a custom engraving.
    Hell yea, we could always use more of those.
    Very entertaining video, and impressive etching technik. +Rep

I find it easier to mirror print the image, and attach to the backside of the plexi, and then etch using the printout as a trace, rather than etching through it. It just works more cleanly in my opinion, and i"ve used that method on all my etchings (except the freehand ones of course).

\m/ d(-_-)b \m/

R9 290X+Kraken+Corsair H90, Xeon 5649@4ghz, Asus P6T-WS Pro

ATX Mental Case

@Luke122...i also prefer that method.... but i wanted to show several ways...so in the next video (iīm currently working on it) i will exactly show that method...but for this i wanted to show a real beginner version of if it.

I think this i more for the people who really just started....because of the template on the surface youīll need to trace the line more than one time and that prevents a lot of small scratches which can happen really fast when youīre unexperienced...

ATX Mental Case

Today i finished the 2nd part:

This time the template is placed behind the plexiglas...so you should have a bit of experience with the rotary tool before starting in that way to avoid unwanted scratches....