Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "All Private Guns Will Be Confiscated By September 2009..."

Custom Title Honors BuzzKillington's Avatar

Default "All Private Guns Will Be Confiscated By September 2009..."

The actual article
    http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Find-F...

The website the article is posted on
    http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/

Article about the US/Russian meeting
    http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill...d?bill=h111-45

Default Re: "All Private Guns Will Be Confiscated By September 2009..."

The first link you posted doesn't work
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

will never happen.
    In a time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Right.... If we're talking about the US here, I highly doubt something like that would actually happen. I mean, I know we don't really pay much attention to the constitution these days and are always trying to find back doors to it and what-not, but this is not even plausible. There would be a tremendous civil uprising if it ever did happen.

This is probably just a bill or something of that nature thats been submitted along with thousands of others that will eventually be rejected.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Question is, why do you need a gun anyway?
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    Some people use them for hunting. Some people use them for protection. Either way, its the right of any and every citizen of the united states. I believe it was originally established as a right so that if the government ever got out of control, we could bring order and justice back to our country (Thats what the US was created for, after all. Freedom and justice for all and to escape from tyranny). Thats not very realistic these days though, as owning a gun wouldn't help you much against say the army or more advanced weaponry.

But in any case, I'll be damned if my government takes away my right to own or wield a gun under proper conditions. Its not a matter of morality, thats just opinion and everyone has one.

Guns aren't bad, but the way that some people use them is. But if we judged things by their potential, then you would have to outlaw everything. A pencil in the wrong hands could be deadly.

To make another point of why guns, here in the states anyways, should never be made illegal to own...

"When the Nazis came for the communists, I remained silent; I was not a communist.
    When they locked up the social democrats, I remained silent; I was not a social democrat.
    When they came for the trade unionists, I did not speak out; I was not a trade unionist.
    When they came for the Jews, I remained silent; I was not a Jew.
    When they came for me, there was no one left to speak out."

This would kind of fit along those lines. Let the government take away your right to own a gun, and the next thing you know they're taking away your right to consume alcohol, or to do this, or that, or whatever. Either protect all rights, and not pick and choose which you agree with, or lose them all.

Not trying to start a flame war or fight or anything btw, just stating my opinion. Like I said, everyone has one. But I think once you put yours out in the open public, its anyones right to come in and say that they agree or disagree and to be able to explain themselves. Thats all I'm doing so I hope no one takes it too personally or anything.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

"You can never disarm an armed man. Only defeat him."

The government may or may not actually try to do this, but I will be damned if I will stand by and let one of my few very important rights be taken from me. The second amendment was put in place so citizens could have the ability to protect themselves from the government doing things like this, and you better damn well believe that I will fight with any and everything I can -- my gun, sticks, rocks, what legal rights I do have to petition, anything.

I already believe that the government has gone way too far in removing people's liberties under the guise of "protecting us from terrorists", and I would rather die than give up my right to bear arms. Not so much the right itself but the dis-arming of a society can only strengthen the government until the next thing we know, George Orwell's 1984 won't be a work of fiction any more. Totally oppressive or not, a society wherein the government can make the transition to totally oppressive quickly and easily is not one I wish to live in.

I believe in a small government, and while I am not going to say that everybody should, I will say that every citizen of the United States (and the world, at that) should stand up for the rights that help them defend their rights. Whether you believe in violence or not, the second amendment is one of those rights that helps us defend the other ones. As such, it, and all the other amendments (especially those focused on empowering the public) should be defended with paramount priority.

Sorry for what is probably long-winded and repetitive, but I get really worked up when people even suggest the outlawing of guns or such.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Practice random acts of generosity Omega's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zephik View Post
    Guns aren't bad, but the way that some people use them is. But if we judged things by their potential, then you would have to outlaw everything. A pencil in the wrong hands could be deadly.
    Or cars. Or rocks. Or thumbtacks. Or thoughts.

Things like this are exactly why George Orwell wrote 1984, I bet. The entire book's purpose, in my eyes, is to serve as a warning. I think people should read it (though not be FORCED to, because that would be counter-intiutive). It reminded me why we have some of the rights we do, it reminded me why we need to defend them, and it reminded me why I'm a Libertarian. All from a book that was written 60 years ago.

i5-3570k @ 4.40GHz // R9 380X @ 1020MHz // 2x Samsung 850 EVO SSDs // 2x 2TB HDDs
    Fractal Design Define R2 XL "Monolith"

Quote Originally Posted by crenn View Post
    The spark notes version is they are needed for personal protection, something the police are not willing to or simply can not do.

Anyways it won't happen. To legally do such a thing, the second amendment would have to be repealed. This alone would probably spark a second civil war. Reason being, it would set a precedent allowing other parts of the Bill of Rights to be removed or changed. If the second amendment was found invalid, what about the others? Are they also invalid? By repealing any of the articles in the Bill of Rights, the entire bill is open to further change. And believe me, that is not "change you can believe in".
    Quote Originally Posted by xRyokenx View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of not being able to figure this crap out because it's apparently made for computer-illiterate people by computer-illiterate people. lol

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mtekk View Post
    Anyways it won't happen. To legally do such a thing, the second amendment would have to be repealed. This alone would probably spark a second civil war. Reason being, it would set a precedent allowing other parts of the Bill of Rights to be removed or changed. If the second amendment was found invalid, what about the others? Are they also invalid? By repealing any of the articles in the Bill of Rights, the entire bill is open to further change. And believe me, that is not "change you can believe in".
    And it's in the constitution that the first 10 amendments can't be repealed.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.