Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silverstone Temjin TJ09

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Default Re: Silverstone Temjin TJ09

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    I forgot about the Twelve Hundred...

Do you know anything else about it? Seems like it getting good reviews, but I'm worried with all of the big grill stuff that it'll get dusty pretty quick. That price isn't looking too bad though...
    Well I know to battle the dust it has multiple built in 120mm washable dust filters in the front of the case. I'm not sure about the rest of the case, not that it matters too much I think as the rest of the case would be exhaust? But I'm sure if dust ever becomes a problem it would be easily solvable.

Someone here on the forums has one, can't remember who though. ><

Oh wait! I think it was FuzzyPlushroom that had one? Might want to hit him up for any questions that require a bit more personal experience with the case.

It has some pretty nice features though, check out the 3dgamerman video for a better look into it. Make sure to turn on the HD! :p

A pair of three-speed 120mm blue LED fans exhaust heat out the rear of the case while a 200mm fan does so through the top. The speed of the fans, can be controlled from the outside of the case. Space and mounting points are provided for two more 120mm fans – one in the middle to cool the CPU or graphic card, and another bringing air in through the side panel to cool the expansion cards. Knockouts for liquid cooling systems are built in as is a platform for a reservoir or pump.
    Not sure what that they're talking about exactly, but sounds like they had WC in mind with this case, at least as a more advanced cooling option if someone needed it.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Had an idea for a mod with the Twelve Hundred. You could get a piece of plexi (maybe smoked?), then use that to replace the front grills. Drill the appropriate holes and you would have an area to mount a 240mm or 360mm raddy. Might actually look kind of cool too. That or you could just mount it the way that one guy did, with the angle pieces. Just an idea I thought I'd share.
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .Maleficus. View Post
    Also, congrats on finishing Lexa! I never saw the end of the thread, it looks killler! Great job!
    Thanks a lot man, I was really glad to get the mod done, only stayed together for 2.5 months after completion though lol.

I really don't mind the Spedo, still looks a little plasticky IMO. I would remove the fan and the plexi from the side panel if I were to get it and replace it with a clean sheet of plexi.

To be honest there are very few cases on the market that I would buy these days, I am really sick of the whole pre-modded look that NZXT do so so well (even though I still love their designes lol). The TJ07 is my pick of the bunch followed by the Fortress then the CM Stacker and Cosmos with a few of the NZXT cases and a couple of the Lian Li ones. These days I am looking for clean lines and simple elegent style, but it all depends on what you are in to.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Custom Title Honors

What about the TJ07 from here? I'm not sure on the site though. Never ordered from them.

In Black from Axion for $290(US)
    http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=75492

Or in Silver from Amazon for $258(US).
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EIB4D0/...0&linkCode=asn

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    What about the TJ07 from here? I'm not sure on the site though. Never ordered from them.

Good finds! That silver one is a great price at a $100 off and not too much more than the other models. Since its aluminum, you could probably get it anodized any color you want?

Custom Title Honors

Thanks. Is anodizing that cheap, or you saying because of the price of the case it comes out cheaper with anodizing then buying the black one? Sry. Never looked into cost of it. I have seen pictures of people doing it though.

On Backup:: CPU- Q9300 Stock HS/F :: MB- Intel board :: RAM- 4 GB Corsair Dominator DDR2 1066 (2x2GB) :: GFX- 8800GS HDD- 320GB OS; 1x2TB Storage :: ROM- DVD-ROM :: PSU- Antec 48W :: OS- Win7 x64 :: CASE- CM Centurion 590 :: MON- Dell 1708FP :: MOUSE- Logitech G5 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post

Oh wow.

For $258, I most definitely wouldn't mind a silver one without a window. I'd be scared poopless of cutting into it or painting it but damn... That is a nice price for a NICE case. Reconsideration time, again.
    RIP Bucko

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

That really is a good price, you should snap one up.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Custom Title Honors

The black one is only $40 more and it has the window. Just have to take a shot in the dark on the site.

They do have a 7.4 out of 10 on resellerratings.com with 1221 reviews
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/AxionTech_6

if your still curious. Here's Bizrate reviews on the site.
    http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide...id--17078.html