Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: whats your job! Pics?

Fresh Paint

Default Re: whats your job! Pics?

Quote Originally Posted by jdbnsn View Post
    I currently work as an autopsy technician, do you really want to see pics of that????
    nope dont think so..

I'm a Computer/Network Technician, do to National Security and the fact that sometimes its boring I can't say where!!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it, unless you plan to modify it.

Welder Of Aluminum bartvandenberg's Avatar

I currently work as an autopsy technician, do you really want to see pics of that????

i was curious what was involved in being an autopsy technician. This is what i found.

"Autopsy technicians are analytical, innovative thinkers with excellent problem solving skills. They have a natural affinity and aptitude for mathematics and science and can often visualize complex processes. They are not be afraid of working with the deceased. Technicians possess excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and have the ability to work well in teams and alone. They also possess the ability to pay close attention to details when conducting research, while working with special dissection instruments."

Hey, do you make $41,038 a year? cause thats what i says here.

Yep. Pics or it didn't happen!
    Antec Sonata II | Pioneer DVR-212
    Good news! You can follow my website or follow me on twitter!

I work at Geek Squad.
    RIP Bucko

Quote Originally Posted by bartvandenberg View Post
    i was curious what was involved in being an autopsy technician.

Hey, do you make $41,038 a year? cause thats what i says here.
    Actually in this field, titles are thrown around rather casually. It makes it somewhat difficult to tell exactly what one does by their title alone. The description you posted is nothing like what I do. I am also referred to a forensic technician but again, the title means nothing. I am working for the country coroner while I wait for my internship to begin in July. Most of my work is in special projects that he needs done around the morgue. But when I do work as a tech, all I am is a scrub tech for a forensic pathologist. This means I help clean up and perform the tasks involved in autopsies except the actual interpretation and diagnosis, that is handled by the forensic pathologists. I had some pics taken today of me dissecting a heart but the coroner warned me against posting them on the internet. He said it is a very bad idea and could come back to haunt me (evidently photos of people dissecting human tissues tends to vilify the person and he used the word "ghoul" as the impression it leaves with people). The pictures do look pretty gory, lots of blood so I don't think they are appropriate, and we deleted them. I don't make anywhere near 40k at this job. When I'm working with the autopsies, I make about $11 per hour. When I'm doing projects, I seem to be given the chance to name my price, but I try to keep it reasonable. I will not say how much I was paid for the microscope table, but I will say it was very generous.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

I've accidentally stumbled upon some very graphic images on the internet of people... not just dissections but a lot of gore and **** like that. *shudder* Thank you for not posting those.

This just now occurred to me but I'm kinda squeamish about the human body being messed up, mainly from violent acts, though. I wonder how well that will go if I do decide to pursue medical illustration as my career.

Well, the first time you view human remains it ranges from a bit overwhelming to the point of making you physically ill. Everyone is different and you never know until you do it. But it's not as bad as you would think, and you do get used to it rather quickly. Mostly because you are doing so for the sake of medicine. That is to say you are not witnessing the act of violence itself, but you are viewing the remains for the good of others (family, future patients, your own education, etc...)

EDIT: If you are interested in pursing a career in medical illustration you will really want to get an idea of how you can tolerate this early rather than later. My suggestion is call your local coroner's office and talk to their office staff. Ask if you can witness an autopsy and explain why, most coroner's or pathologists are more than happy to teach while they work (they tend to get a bit lonely as their patients don't chatter too much). That way you can have a chance to see one, and if you get sick there is no shame in bailing out. I've seen lots of people do it and it's just not for everyone.
    "At the midpoint on the journey of life, I found myself in a dark forest, for the clear path was lost..." -Dante Alighieri

I went to a human body exhibit in New York where the took real bodies and cut them into sections, pulled bones and muscles apart and pretty much disected the entire bodies. they were like freeze dried or frozen some how so they stayed together. It was pretty interesting and amazing. I'm glad I went. I learned alot about the human body.

Measure once, curse twice nevermind1534's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rendermandan View Post
    I went to a human body exhibit in New York where the took real bodies and cut them into sections, pulled bones and muscles apart and pretty much disected the entire bodies. they were like freeze dried or frozen some how so they stayed together. It was pretty interesting and amazing. I'm glad I went. I learned alot about the human body.
    They injected them with plastics.
    Help my mini city
    Population Industry Transport Security
    Quote Originally Posted by progbuddy View Post
    It's probably the extreme radiation from the nuclear core in your phone. Push the control rod all the way in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UrbanLegend_NY View Post
    I'm not selling it in hell I'm selling it on eBay.