Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Playing Terraria. It's like a 2D SNES-type Minecraft with a bigger emphasis on combat. Really fun so far.

IS that the one being advertised on Steam right now? I saw it and thought it looked rather entertaining if it is

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Yes it is being advertised on Steam, a few mates of mine at Uni play it, pretty cool time killer.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Finished inFamous on the good side. A bit of repetition but the new powers kept it fresh. Can't wait to see what the evil story is but I picked up Beowulf for $5 so I'll probably try that first.

Finished Assassin's Creed II and have started Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

I can't believe I managed to not mention the fact that I managed my 100% game of FarCry 2 But I did! I continued enjoying the game right to the end but the little niggly bits of gameplay that had existed for the whole experience did gradually get more and more annoying.

Rapidly respawning enemies (literally 20 new badguys 3 minutes after you last passed through an area) the inability to jump or climb if the ledge is above knee-height... Honestly there wasn't much beyond those issues which bugged me about this game though, and despite people constantly pointing out how buggy it is I only recieved one CTD throughout more than 30 hours of gameplay so I guess I got lucky for once!

Anyway I used maps to get the diamonds but the rest was easy enough, though it got pretty repetitive on more than one occasion due to fairly limited mission types. Travel was ok, though driving was made particularly difficult thanks to the immediate respawn of enemies. I found myself taking the bus 9 times out of 10 to avoid patrols which would simply add time to an already inexplicably long journey.

I never found the actual gameplay itself to be too difficult but there were still moments where I jumped in over my head and had a bit of a struggle on my hands. The buddy system is great in that they'll come to your rescue when you're incapacitated. It's a nice feature and it was done really well.

All the little animations like reloading, healing, switching seats in a vehicle and clearing jammed weapons were great and they added just the right amount of realism to a genre that can be very wishy-washy.

The story was sadly the real let down with this game (quite a blow after 30 hours of gaming!) and the character never has any real choices to make, nor a personality of his own at any point in the game. The characters you deal with are similarly 2-dimensional with the repeating pattern of 'work for a, work for b, kill boss a, kill boss b, move to c and d' pretty much continuing throughout the entire game.

The purpose of this game is to kill an arms dealer (and therefore stop the flow of guns and the war itself) yet every mission that you do is intended to directly fuel the flames of the conflict. Our protaganist has no capability to turn down a job, even if it means killing the boss of the good guys who he's just finished helping. Put simply, he's an idiot. He's betrayed by everyone in the game at some point yet the ending is completely unexpected given the developments to this point.

So yes, great experience, endless amounts of fun to be had, great replayability, but lousy story and totally anti-climatic ending. Still I enjoyed it for 30 hours so I can forgive that the ending sucked I guess... Not sure what's next on my to-do list but I'm playing a bit of online Freelancer now which has long been a staple of my gaming diet

Officially completed ALL of Mafia II. Was kind of bored the other day so I fired up Mafia II to start, and ultimately, finish Jimmy's Vendetta (DLC that I bought during Steam's Xmas sale). Not sure why I stopped playing in the first place cause Mafia II was truly a fun game, I only wish I knew what kept bringing me back; the scenery and driving for cars of that era is top notch and I was suprised I put nearly 40 hrs into the game. Definitely got my $20 worth lol
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Started playing Bad Company 2 online. Still playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Downloaded Serious Sam HD the first and second encounter during the week so may give them a go aswell, got they cheap on Steam a while ago and never got around to downloading them. Thank god for un-metered, unlimited downloads at uni lol.

just got Dead Space 2 today. Gonna start playing tonight!
    Current Projects
    -1979 Jeep DJ5 "Mail Jeep"
    -1981 Chevrolet K10

Just started playing Penumbra: Overture. I love the atmoshere of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega
    ber is id elicous
    Centurion 5 Mod <<--- ON HOLD FOR THE WINTER