Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Now playing FarCry 2 having put down Metro2033 till I can figure out how to get it running properly! Got to say I'm really enjoying it as an open-world freeroaming FPS. I get the feeling I'll be playing it for a long time as there's an awful lot to do but that's a good thing right?!

It takes me back to days of playing Mercenaries on the old PS2 which I also loved and in many ways they're quite similar games. All that's different is the tech levels essentially as Mercenaries was a pretty standard Gulf War sort of engagement whereas FarCry2 is more of an internal African Conflict.

It's not even vaguely related to FarCry so I don't know why they gave it the same name. Personally the original (I know its different dev houses) still isn't doing anything for me wheras this one is doing almost everything for me. I'm generally not a huge FPS fan, despite my recent purchase of maybe 7 FPS... But open world titles like Mercenaries, FarCry 2 and the STALKER trilogy are totally my kind of games and I'm enjoying every minute of this one.

As a bit of a heads up, does anyone know what's so buggy in this game as everyone everywhere has it down as one of the buggiest tittles in the world but I've been ok so far. Just would like to know what I have in store

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    I get the feeling I'll be playing it for a long time as there's an awful lot to do but that's a good thing right?!
    I'll be interested to see how long it holds your attention. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it and finished it, but it gets a bit repetitive after a while....what with most of the missions being essentially the same...

Quote Originally Posted by Munty View Post
    As a bit of a heads up, does anyone know what's so buggy in this game as everyone everywhere has it down as one of the buggiest tittles in the world but I've been ok so far. Just would like to know what I have in store
    IDK, I don't remember ever having any stability problems with it. *shrugs*
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I'll let you know 88 but yesterday I scouted 20/57~ outposts and collected almost 60 diamonds out of 221 (so probably about half of the ones in the Northern sector? I've also done 4 jobs for the gunshops and another 3 assassination ones so I've made quite a dent in the 'background' of the game.

That said I've only done 2 missions in the main storyline so I figure by doing all the diamonds and outposts en-route to my next main objective there should only be a few things to pick up at the end of the map before I move south.

Guess what I'm going to do now? See you all later lol

Ok I need some advice on this game from someone else who's played it and I think here is as good a place to start looking as any! 88, you've played it, lend me a hand would ya

So first off... Big Ol' Spoiler alert!
    So I've finished the main missions in the northern province and reached the part where I have to 'choose' whether to defend the church or Mike's bar. I chose to save my buddies but after they and I all died I figured it wouldn't have mattered which I chose as it's a scripted death fest anyway...

But now I realise that my best buddy (Josep) is dead and I've only done something like 4/12 buddy missions so far. I guess I make a new buddy down south but I think I've missed out anyway as it says in the wiki that Josep will give you 2 extra missions 'Fuel the Violence' and 'The Lemon Beater' neither of which I've done.

If he's now dead surely that means I've missed the chance to do them doesn't it? I haven't saved yet though so I guess I could go back. Would mean doing lots again later though Any thoughts appreciated, I really want 100%!

Spoiler over, thanks in advance for any advice :p

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

I have played the game also with multiple characters and as far as I know each buddy has a few missions exclusive to them. So you losing your current buddy shouldn't effect you getting bonus missions from another.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Thanks Oz, I figured it out in the end and had to reload from just before I started the last mission of the first part It's the missions in Mike's bar which are the buddy quests (I've noticed the icon there but never visited for the work!)

Anyway I'm not at the point where I've done all the assassination jobs (cellular antennas) all the available gunshop jobs, all but the last main mission for the area and 5 of the eight buddy quests. The sixth one I'll do later but for now I have to stop playing as the sun is in such a place that I can't see enough in game anymore lol

I'm puzzled about how I can get hold of the last two buddy jobs though as they need to come from the guy who was until recently my 'rescue buddy'. That means he wasn't ever in the bar offering jobs as he was off in the wilderness waiting to save my ass I guess. I've now managed to swap rescue buddies by doing jobs for one of the other buddies which put her 'history' above my old guys. When I go to the bar now it's her in the widerness but... he hasn't come back yet...

I need him to be in the bar in order to do those last jobs and I'm nearly out of stuff to do in the north now! I've unlocked all the safehouses, scouted all the outposts and found all but 14 diamonds! When the sun has gone I can do all of that tonight and leave the game ready to go to the southern province next time I load it up. But I can't GO to the next province until I've done this guys mission so what next?

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The boy 4rm oz View Post
    I have played the game also with multiple characters and as far as I know each buddy has a few missions exclusive to them. So you losing your current buddy shouldn't effect you getting bonus missions from another.
    /\That, iirc. So, you won't be able to get the bonus missions from the one, but you will get other unique ones from others, later.
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

Just turned up something else that's puzzled me. You know how I thought I was so nearly done up north? Turns out I only have 4 buddies when there should be 6! So not only do I need to find these extra 2 buddies (I already have intel which should lead me to them!) I then presumably have an extra 2 missions for each of them. On top of that, apparently only 4 people can spawn in the bar at any one given time so that'll be an issue too when I have all six. I don't really want to kill any of them after all

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

The extra 2 buddies are found when you go down south if I recall correctly. Oh and be careful. When you go down south there is a little intermediary "joining" landscape, you will find a few diamonds there. This all happens after the incident at Mike's Bar and you are running.

Well I have played about 20 hours of Assassin's Creed II over the week (since Saturday last week) and am probably 75% of the way through the missions with all the Armour and weapons (minus one). I have nearly all the art work and only about 30/100 feathers. I will be moving over to the final area later this afternoon but for now, homework calls .
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Thanks Oz I found the last 2 up north so there are 6 up top and I'm not sure how many extra down south. I think another 6 but looking at a guide I found maybe only 4?

Anyway I've now done everything up top except the last 2 buddy missions as the last buddy won't spawn in the bar (I have to kill my rescue buddy to be able to do these which is a MAJOR design flaw with the game...) then I just have 4 more diamonds to collect and the top map is finished and its on to the south part! Can't help thinking it's a bit stupid that you can't ever come back north but meh, can't be helped I guess.

Thanks for the info with the desert, there are 4 diamonds there which luckily are marked on my map So I should be on the southern part very soon but I may take a break from the game after that as I've been really cramming in playtime on it lately which can't be healthy