Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

Haha nope, not yet! Just the good ol humies to fight so far. I'm not following the story at all actually as I've been watching Dragonball on my other monitor and the voices on FarCry are so quiet I can't hear anything but gunfire :p

Just a query for those who've played this game. If you were taking some american bird on a trip in your yacht when it got blown up with a rocket launcher and you nearly died before being washed up on an island where you hear people discussing how important it is that you die... What would you do when you found yourself a new boat? Would you really follow the instructions of some doctor who just happened to leave a radio right near the point you entered the sewers?

I'd be on my way home after the end of level 2 personally. To hell with the broad and to hell with the island! Worst story ever :p

Will YOU be ready when the zombies rise? x88x's Avatar

That depends....did she pay up front?
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    TBCS 5TB Club :: coilgun :: bench PSU :: mightyMite :: Zeus :: E15 Magna EV

I guess not, the protaganist must have some serious debts to settle when he gets home though or it's still not worth it! It does beg the question though doesn't it, at what point do you turn tail and run home? When your vessel is destroyed by a rocket? When mercenaries set out to kill you? when you unearth a devious plot by a mad scientist? When you start fighting with mutants? Hmm... For me it would be the rocket...

Project: Elegant-Li The boy 4rm oz's Avatar

Started and finished Bad Company 2 over the past weekend. I started Assassin's Creed II as well, loving this game, loved the original as well.
    Project: Elegant-Li *NEW*
    Project: Alpha FINISHED
    Project: LEXA Revival FINISHED
    Project: LEXA FINISHED Bit-Tech MOTM Nominee October 08

Its not cool till its watercooled. Fuganater's Avatar

Just finished Portal 2. Was pretty fun.

Finished watching all 153 episodes of Dragonball a few days ago so I'd call that about a fortnight :p

Also been playing Warcraft 3 and hating every minute of it. I posted up a rant of my feeling s here for anyone who's curious as to why... http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums...III-t8936.html

I installed Metro2033 to follow up this disappointment and sadly wasn't wowed the way I was hoping to be. Right from the get go it had issues with loading the game (which are apparently very common) then there were driver incompatabilities (again very common) which forced me to drop it down from very high settings to just high and it made a BIG difference to quality. Again there is a link to this rant here > http://www.strategycore.co.uk/forums...dpost&p=104397

One of my big problems with this game is that there is no really useful display of health (or even ammo unless you're fighting) instead you have to check your watch to see how close to being dead you are. On mentioning how stupid this seemed (due to stopping mid firefight) someone linked this image so its clearly not just me.

Anyone else played this as I do like it but it crashed again even on High settings last time I played so I'm giving it a break and will be trying out Farcry2 today.

I never had a problem with Metro 2033 stability, so I can't help you with that. I never really found the health meter to be an issue, tbh. I was too busy enjoying the atmosphere and interesting weapons and mechanics. ..oh, and trying not to get myself killed...
    That we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we should be glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously.
    --Benjamin Franklin

lol well that's kind of the problem it's posing for me 88. Don't know when you played it but if you remember the beginning you fight a room full of bandits quite early on. I think there must be 6-8 of them at least as it took me a while to kill them all! I had trouble with it because every time I stuck my head out I got hit by a magic homing bullet but I never knew how badly I'd been hurt. The screen goes red and there's a heartbeat as well when things go pearshaped but I still had no idea what health I had left. Miraculously I managed to get through this part of the game without dying on my first try but it's pure luck that I didn't die because I honestly don't understand how I'm supposed to know what my health is... As far as I can tell its either a green light which is good or a red one which is bad right? lol that helps doesn't it! Another thing that's bugged me about the beginning of the game is the massive amount of prescripted events that take complete control over the character. There have already been 2 or 3 occasions on which I've been thrown out of a vehicle or similar by these mutants and I was convinced that it was game over and I'd died but in fact I hadn't and it was just part of the game. I don't get it... There was also a point where I was told to tap E but I don't know why, I guess the monster was trying to eat my face or something, who knows!

Anyway I do want to play this game so stability is the key. Did you use max settings when you played as a lot of people (ie. not just me!) have had varying issues on max. For me the game would crash after about 1 minute on very high settings but on just high it was stable for a long time. Until it crashed again... It's as if the game is actually consuming my GPU and then running out of memory or something odd but it's not just crashing the game it's the whole system. Nothing else is now or ever has given me similar problems...

Yeah, I was running it on full settings.

As for the quick-time-events, there are a lot of them in the first 20 minutes or so, but after that I don't remember any. I actually never finished the game...I should probably get around to doing that some time... I don't remember the health system exactly, tbh, but I don't remember having any issues with it. *shrugs*
    --Benjamin Franklin

Fresh Paint

I have recently finished:

1.MK9
    2.God Of War all three parts
    3.Crackdown 2
    4.Kane and Lynch 2
    Check the TOS concerning links in signatures...