Page 20 of 49 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

read my comic already! (sig) xRyokenx's Avatar

Default Re: What have you beaten recently? What are you playing?

@artoo: I don't recommend Dragon Age. The graphics are good but the combat is like a massively dumbed-down version of WoW. It's a waste of money in my opinion.

Mass Effect 2 is amazing. If you liked the first one that much then you'll really enjoy the second.

woy...collokweee...weeble weeble blaaaat artoodeeto's Avatar

good to know, thanks - I haven't played WoW, but I'm not a fan of bad combat systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevateThis View Post
    I'd mod my dog if i could.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmEv View Post
    (Steam me.... that sounds bad >_<)

No problem. I watched my brother play a lot of it and he ended up running around in circles during boss fights so his health and special abilities could recharge lol. It was pretty disappointing.

I loved Mass Effect 2, though. That game is a LOT of fun.

actually I had to do some running around/hiding in mass effect to let my health and abilities recharge...and it didn't bother me too much. What I found more irritating was not being able to save my game in the middle of a fight or in elevators. In fact, it took me awhile to get through the end of the Rescue Liara mission because I hadn't leveled up very far, and by the time I found out I had to face a Krogan Battlemaster at the end of it, I didn't have the savegames to go back to before I started the mission.
    There's a video sequence before the battle, and it doesn't let you save the game after it, just puts you into the fight, so I had to sit through that each time. Luckily I didn't encounter any other similar situation in the game, but it was really annoying. I can't figure out why they didn't do an autosave just before the battle started...but they didn't. Eh well. Still not totally sure how I did it, I know I just barely scraped by.

The fight with the battlemaster was a tough one. I think it takes everybody at least a few tries to get through that. As far as I know, ME2 doesn't have any situations like that in it.

Heck, even the final fight with Saren at the end of the game was easier than that #$@@$ Battlemaster LOL. took me fewer tries anyway. But then, I was also at like level 49 (is 50 the highest you can get? seems like it, I don't think I missed many opportunities for experience points)

Sunshine Flavored Lollipops Zephik's Avatar

Finally beat extreme difficulty.

http://www.gemtowerdefense.com/

Sandbox mode now activated! Woo!

Pro-Tip: Two Perfect Gems create a "Great Gem". It's twice as powerful as a perfect in every way. It's awesome, but hard as hell to get. Go for the three main towers instead. (The one's with the Normal Sapphire, Topaz and Diamond in the equation. They look like pointed bar's.)
    People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.

Bought Supreme Commander 2 during a sale. I actually enjoyed the single player for some odd reason; I never play single player for RTS games so this was a first. Im not even really sure why I liked the game; I just did

Metro 2033 was on the the other day on Steam so I picked it up. Pretty awesome game with very nice graphics. Story was pretty nice, weapons looked awesome, and some cut scences were pretty cool. Reminded me of F.E.A.R. Only downside was the whole game only took me about 10 hrs to complete; but it was worth my $25

Currently I am playing a little Mirror's Edge but not too involved in the game. Hoping for Just Cause 2 sale on Steam soon.

When not playing single player games Im playing with friends. We recently started playing MW2 again after playing BFBC2 for awhile.

Man I love Steam.
    EVGA P55 LE :: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8 GHz w/ Zalman 9500 :: 2x 2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 :: ATI Radeon 5850 :: Micro Center G2 64GB SSD :: Samsung F3 1TB :: Western Digital 320GB :: X-Fi Xtreme Music :: Corsair TX-750w :: Windows 7 64-Bit :: Lian Li PC-9F

Been busy, but have been spending what free time I do have playing MW2 with friends on 360. I fixed up a broken 360 and to my surprise it wasn't banned. We will see if it has been flagged, but for the last few weeks it's been working well.

I enjoy the game far more on 360 than pc. Haven't had to deal with cheats, but the game is still just as campy on 360 as it is on pc. People whine if you toob them, even if they have been camping the same room all game, and half their team is spamming toobs. Idk, I hate both communities, but it is more bearable on 360 for whatever reason. Maybe it's the file review / complaint thing, I don't know.

Like a Lightning Bolt in Your Cheerios! Drum Thumper's Avatar

Ginormo Sword. Google it.
    Quote Originally Posted by artoodeeto View Post
    aw heck guys. We're modders. Let's just build our own, shall we?

DrumThumper.net || The Brewing Art ||
    My Flickr Stream